Sign in to follow this  

Weird Problem...

I have a weird problem that only developed recently. When I turn my bars to go right, the bike accelerates.....

What is the deal with that? Anybody had this issue? HOW DO I FIX IT?!?!

Turning the steering to the right is pulling the throttle cable, in turn opening the throttle cable wheel on the carburetor. I'd pop the tank off, and commence to adjusting the cables. You should hear the wheel snap shut against the stop w/ the bars straight, full lock left, and full lock right. If you watch the throttle wheel when you turn the bars full right, you'll likely see it move. You should be able to see that w/o removing anything.

Too funny,today I found out that when I turn left I can go real fast. Played around for a while,and found where the throttle cable was sticking.

My return throttle cable is not broken, I removed it all together. Would this cause a problem, cause the throttle actuation seems 325,000 times better without it. So much more crisp and smoother too...

I would put it back. You never know when your throttle return spring will break, and sent you and your bike off a cliff. Also, part of the binding problem could have been negated by the return cable, but I am sure that you are fixing the bind anyway.

Yeah, I will be fixing the bind, but I don't think that a throttle return spring is something that fails routinely...anyway, that is what the kill switch is for right...

I believe in the belt and suspenders approach. I suppose that if you have the presence of mind to find the kill switch in time, then you'll be okay. I wouldn't rely on it.

Yeah, I will be fixing the bind, but I don't think that a throttle return spring is something that fails routinely...anyway, that is what the kill switch is for right...

Or just pull in the clutch.🙂

I suppose... I believe that if you are truly riding your bike as you should be, which is directing absolutely all of your concentration to what you are doing, there is no reason that you shouldn't be able to react quick enough to prevent any disasters...🙂

Yup, cable routing. I used to have a similar problem on my WR