Sign in to follow this  

help needed 160 rear?

I am in a bit of a pinch at the track as tomorrow is supposed to be pretty rainy. the perelli vendor has a set of 120/160 rain tires which I would like to run to salvage the day. I am running a 4.5 inch marchesini rim on an 06 sm. will this fit? thanks for any help.

These would be pirelli diablo rains

yea...I guesss I just hate to take a chance on such an expensive tire....

he wont let you return it after you mount it but not ride on it ????

Not really too sure about that.... At this point I don't think I have much choice but to try

These would be Pirelli diablo Rains BTW.

I know in searching some have run other pirellis in a 160 but I cannot find actual dimensions on the tire that are more specific.....

What s the worst that can happen if it is rubbin a bit?

The 160 Pirelli Diablo Rain fit fine. I did remove the chain guard but other than that nothing.

2 sessions in the real wet - actual nice rain and then the sun came out and the track was dry an hour later. $404 bucks for the set but I figure it will last a while since it is used so little.

Riding track in the rain was a great experience. You feel every mistake you make and it forces you to try and be smooth and smooth and smooth....and smooth!

Riding track in the rain was a great experience. You feel every mistake you make and it forces you to try and be smooth and smooth and smooth....and smooth!
Indeed... racing here in scotland we get plenty rain and so far this year over 75% of our races have been on wets.... you try and be smooth, but when racing your adrenaline tends to override caution.... with the lowside/higside battle scarred bike to prove it 🙂

Indeed... racing here in scotland we get plenty rain and so far this year over 75% of our races have been on wets.... you try and be smooth, but when racing your adrenaline tends to override caution.... with the lowside/higside battle scarred bike to prove it 🙂

+1000

Thats why I dont race in the rain, I use to.

It could be be raining black ink and I would be fine and smooth until someone passed me, Then I would forget the rain and go for it. always ends with me sliding down the track on my ass.

+1000

Thats why I dont race in the rain, I use to.

It could be be raining black ink and I would be fine and smooth until someone passed me, Then I would forget the rain and go for it. always ends with me sliding down the track on my ass.

Can't get away from you!!

You will love rippin' the SM at Loudon man!