Sign in to follow this  

2004 Crf50

Hi,

I am new to this forum so this is my first post. I recently purchased a 2004 crf50 for my son. I noticed the front and year shocks are really stiff. Is there any way to adjust them? I think they are stock, but I am not sure. The rear mono shock has a a nut type thing holding the spring in place, but I can't seem to turn it. Thanks for your help.

On the CRF's there isn't much shock travel at all. I think on the front it's like 2.25 inches and the back is something right close to that too. As for the spring being too stiff...that could be the problem. It could just be bottoming out and you don't realize it. The stock springs are only rated for something like 85 pounds or close to. So, if it's NOT bottoming out when you sit on it, then it's probably got aftermarket heavy duty springs on it. The best thing is to just buy softer springs and change out the springs...

lots of adulds install Heavy Duty springs which will make it very stiff. You can get stock springs cheap. Just put a want ad on here or planetminis.com