'What kind of bike do you ride?' - SM owners, what's your answer?

When you're in a store or something with your gear, how do you answer to the uninitiated? Most of the time I say 'Suzuki DRZ Supermoto'. They give me the weird look - and I shrug and tell 'em it's basically a dirt bike with slicks.

Most of the time it isn't worth the trouble trying to explain. If your bike doesn't have RR, GSXR, R6, etc.. they're not going to have any idea what you ride.

So what do you say?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SM/supermotard/supermoto is the answer for the people who gust knows the basic , DRZ'sm ( in Greece the only DRZ is the DRZ400 , so just saying DRZ ) is the answer for those who knows better !

I try not to talk bikes with idiots, if I must I say " its a dirtbike with street wheels" then they still give me the deer in headlight look.

Lol , there are many idiots...!

i just tell 'em it's a supermoto.when they ask further i tell them that it's a crossover style bike.the grace and style of gp with the fury of motocross.

when they ask if it's an enduro i'll reply no,it's a dual sport set up for the street.stiffer suspension,much higher gearing,alot bigger brakes and soft sticky track tires.they usually say....cool!or nice bike!etc,etc.

I tell em I ant some dumb poser punk like you who got their first bike at 25 (GSXR1000) and bought it to be cool, I grew up in the dirt and I bet I can ride your bike better than you can son! That's what I say when people look at me with the "why would you want that thing" smerk

I say "A bike that can wheelie through all 5 gears and have enough torque to do it from a stand still right through to top speed unlike the crotch rockets only producing power at 60mph+" Then they are extremely interested in these bikes. Then again you just piss off the guys who ride crotch rockets cause they know your better than them.

I get a little pissed whin some one asks " so whin is your bike going to grow UP?"

if in traphic at a stop light I just sit there with the frunt brake on smoking the rear tire ( whin I let off the pipe belches a foot flame ) lol

Haha I had a guy on a HyaPUSA pull up beside and ask me when I was going to grow up and leave the huggies behind and ride a sport bike. I told him "on green GO!" I wasted him to the next red light(one block) and then on the next green light he stalled it out. He then turned off to avoid me at the next light LMFAO:ride: