Sign in to follow this  

06 yzf to a crf. What do you think?

well hey there honda guys. I have been in yamaha world for some time now. About the only time i dip into the honda forum is for info on my girls crf250. Any way i am planning on switching over from my o6 yz 450 to a honda 450. I got set up with a new shop here in central texas. Anyway. What suggestions do you have. I know the honda will corner way better than my yz ever did, but what else should i expect. I rode one of the guys that works at the shop, and was very impressed. Any mody that i should do from the get go. I know the only thing i for sure want is an hour meter. I am very excited to be riding red soon!

All you need to do is get the suspension dailed and keep up on the maintance. Glad to hear your making the switch.

A set of lightspeed s/s wide foot pegs an absolute must !!!!!! twin air hi flow filter and cage, ready racing stainless oil filter and a 756rr up front, get you suspension sprung for your weight and your good to go for a long time. I hated my front brakes so I went with a new stainless front brake cable and the ebc 280 mm contour front rotor and wow what differance it made. Good luck and ride red !

Peaceout---------------------------

I know the honda will corner way better than my yz ever did

I don't know if I would say the CRF turns better than the YZF. I had an '06 450 and could never get my front end to turn like I wanted it. I had ordered offset Triple clamps, but the shop went out of business and I never got my money back... so I never got to try that set-up.

Anyway, I rode my buddies '07 YZF and that thing turned on a dime - I could point the front end wherever I wanted, even in mid-turn.

I decided to trade the 450 for a 250 and that thing corners like nothing else, very stable and I usually can be found passing alot of 450 in the turns. But I do miss the power quite a bit. the 250 forces you to be a better rider and there is no margin for error when you weigh 220....

Needless to say, when the '09 comes out w/ FI I will trade back up to a 450 and learn to deal with the cornering... who knows, maybe the new 450 will corner like a 250:ride: we'll have to wait and see....

all in all, you can't go wrong w/ a Honda.