Sign in to follow this  

Tony Hart RIP

in case u didnt hear, google it i guess.

my thoughts.

my heart goes out to the hart family, the team and team doug henry, it was very heavy being there. pretty much since it happened too.

i was sittin near his dad and manager, team, at the time too. i saw tony earlier in the day and thought how new and fresh his tats were, esp. compared to his dad and managers. he was proud of them and showin them off.

2 things, maybe im not the one to say this but.....

as i watched, then thought of how the show continued, i thought, i just saw a man die, u could hear it in the announcers voice, probably as he got the news. i didnt really look at anyone in the stands, i assume most didnt know how bad it was at the time, maybe im wrong?

but my thought was, how does the AMA handle this. i know its touchy at the time but to not acknowledge it didnt seem the most respectfull to the man. i mean, jeeze. u saw a man die on the track. maybe there should be thoughts on how to handle this?

the 2nd is guard rail, dont let tonys life pass in vain. lets ban it from all tracks, then all the highways. ive road ridden for 30 years and always think what if? on guard rails. ive heard stories. i rode back from conn to de. there are miles on it. its time to change that.

i hope someone reads this and sees the wisdom in this and makes it happen. ill be the first to sign the petitions to make it happen.

godspeed dude, sorry i didnt say hi and comment on your tats.

fast old guy.

www.fugisfactory.com

IMG_1227.jpg

My thoughts go out to the Hart family. Godspeed Tony, I didn't get the chance to me you, but I know you'll be missed.

in case u didnt hear, google it i guess.

as i watched, then thought of how the show continued, i thought, i just saw a man die, u could hear it in the announcers voice, probably as he got the news. i didnt really look at anyone in the stands, i assume most didnt know how bad it was at the time, maybe im wrong?

fast old guy.

www.fugisfactory.com

I got there kind of late and didn't know anything of the accident but it felt a little weird, the crowd was pretty quiet.

Such a terrible loss, RIP Tony.

the 2nd is guard rail, dont let tonys life pass in vain. lets ban it from all tracks, then all the highways. ive road ridden for 30 years and always think what if? on guard rails. ive heard stories. i rode back from conn to de. there are miles on it. its time to change that.

Sad news, my sympathy and thoughts go out to the family.

Unfortunately, guard rail will never disappear while cars and bikes run on the same tracks because the cars are the dominant class and the guard rail is necessary for keeping them contained and away from the spectators. Same thing for the road, cars/trucks are by far the dominant portion of the traffic and the guard rails are there to keep them from crossing into oncoming traffic or running off corners. Armco is deadly for motorcyclists, but we do not account for many voices and that will not change any time soon.

Mark

The sport will miss Tony and he died doing what he loved.

In any motorsport, death is always a factor, and we do the most we can by preparing equipment properly, wearing the right gear and building courses in the safest means possible.

Fugi- Witnessing this tragedy first-hand is sobering, confusing and surreal. Tony's day had come, he had found his meaning and purpose, resolved his spirit and was living his life to its fullest. Sometimes the race on the track bears much deeper meaning on a spiritual plane.

RIP Tony, may your spirit smile on our warriors.

It goes to show just how fragile are bodies are and how quickly we can be taken from this earth.

In a blink of an eye and your gone.

He died what he loved to do, and that was motorcycle racing.

My late Grandmother always told me this when we parted ways and we said our good buys.

"Eat, Drink and Be Merry, For Tomorrow You May Die!