Sign in to follow this  

6x12 trailer setup and sleeping

Going to get back into dirtbike harescramble racing and want to do it in a new 6x12 enclosed trailer. I was wondering if you all could post pictures of how you have yours set up with the shelves, wheel chock, beds, ect to give me ideas. I would like to be able to sleep in it with the bike still inside also. I was thinking of a raised bed over the front fender?? Any input would be great,

thanks in advanced

Before some1 makes the comment......Do a search... I did and found some good info,, But I am more interested in Beds.. Not storage, flooring, ect

I'll post pics this afternoon of my 6X10 that can carry 3 full sized bikes, sleeps 2 on a fold down bed, and has A/C and LED interior lights.

Before I bought a ToyHauler a few years back, I used a 8 x 20 enclosed trailer and simply tied a queen matress to the inside wall during transport and then dropped on the floor to sleep on.

Later, especially for longer stays, we placed the matress on top pf two 30" x 72" tables you can find for $40 each - this got you off the floor and you could stow your stuff under the tables.

Going to get back into dirtbike harescramble racing and want to do it in a new 6x12 enclosed trailer. I was wondering if you all could post pictures of how you have yours set up with the shelves, wheel chock, beds, ect to give me ideas. I would like to be able to sleep in it with the bike still inside also. I was thinking of a raised bed over the front fender?? Any input would be great,

thanks in advanced

Man, did you come to the right place. A bunch of us have already "been there, done it". Here is what I did!

I have that same trailer, I love it! Great idea on the bed, but I'm going to make a bunk for my kids. The bunk will hinge @ the top (on the opposite wall), and you'll have to raise it up, almost to the roof, and maybe hold it there with a hook, while you drop the lower bed into place. The legs on the upper bed will fit on the outside of the lower bed (no center support, but the kids are still small).

1 question, did you cut through a support in the front to install the a/c?

Nice trailer. With that bed, I could sleep my entire family of four!

if you've got the air matress, why do you need this fold out bed?

Thank you. I guess I just wanted to be off the floor. During a weekend of riding/racing the floor always gets dirty or wet and it just feels nicer to be up off the floor. Also it sure makes it easier to get in and out of bed.

1 question, did you cut through a support in the front to install the a/c?

Yes we had to cut through the center support to mount the A/C there. But we removed the front wall and used L shaped brackets to tie back to the other supports and frame of the trailer. Sturdier now than before.

Nice trailer. With that bed, I could sleep my entire family of four!

if you've got the air matress, why do you need this fold out bed?

It's a lot easier to get up off a 1'+/- high raised bed, than it is to get up off the floor, especially when you're dealing with an air mattress. I'm almost 100 lbs. heavier than my wife (she's REALLY small!), and every time I move on an air matress, she gets thrown like kickball on a parachute in gym class (do kids still get to do that in school?)

I've got a folding style bed platform set-up in my van and I love it.

One tip:

If you do this, measure the height of stuff that you might want to store under the bed while it is deployed. (Gear bags, parts bins, tool boxes, blow up dolls, sheep, cat-o-nine tails etc...)

I've got a tool box that *barely* fits and some other stuff that doesn't fit but would if only I'd made the platform a couple inches taller. Doh!

YMMV,

Tyler

• Like 1

WMRRA13, would you happen to have a picture of your folding bed setup? I have been thinking about doing something like that in my van. Nice trailer setups guys!

I've got a folding style bed platform set-up in my van and I love it.

One tip:

If you do this, measure the height of stuff that you might want to store under the bed while it is deployed. (Gear bags, parts bins, tool boxes, blow up dolls, sheep, cat-o-nine tails etc...)

I've got a tool box that *barely* fits and some other stuff that doesn't fit but would if only I'd made the platform a couple inches taller. Doh!

YMMV,

Tyler

:D

:worthy::ride::banghead:

Just remind me never to go on a "trail ride" trip with you.....🙂

WMRRA13, would you happen to have a picture of your folding bed setup? I have been thinking about doing something like that in my van. Nice trailer setups guys!

Unfortunately I don't have any decent photos of the bed set-up. I only made it nine freakin' years ago - you'd think I'd have something....

I'm going camping this weekend, I'll try to get some shots of it.

-Tyler

I've had the same questions about sleeping in my new 6x12. I think after reading this and bouncing thru other post the folding cots are the best idea.