Sign in to follow this  

2009 YZ250F video from Transworld

Yeah Yamaha looks like they have their sh!t together this year...the 250 and 450 looks saaaawwweeettt 🙂

That thing does look pretty sick. Not to mention that guy was haulin some serious a$$.

I did notice what he says at 3:16 though....

"It turns with some of the better 250fs out there"

Just kidding.

They should have left the rear hub and axle alone... That's the end of a big generation on interchangeable wheels. Not a big deal if your a first time Yamaha buyer, but for guys like me that have 3 wheel sets, well it sucks. Other than that, bike looks great. I like the adjustable handlebar positions.

They should have left the rear hub and axle alone... That's the end of a big generation on interchangeable wheels. Not a big deal if your a first time Yamaha buyer, but for guys like me that have 3 wheel sets, well it sucks. Other than that, bike looks great. I like the adjustable handlebar positions.

yea thats what i was thinking..

i have 2 extra rear wheels and 3 extra fronts so its nice to change out wheels from all my yamahas..

but maybe you can still change them out?

yea thats what i was thinking..

i have 2 extra rear wheels and 3 extra fronts so its nice to change out wheels from all my yamahas..

but maybe you can still change them out?

I don't think so, I heard they changed the diameter of the axle 🙂

I sure wish I had an extra 5000 bucks, plus my dirtbike would be another $1200-1400.I think the white one looks a lot better, but I'd kill for either.

I read that with talons you can just knock the centre out and replace the bearings and other parts which are the diameter.. spoke to a guy whos brother owns a wheel company and he said it can be done.. so fingers crossed:ride:

Even though they lengthened the head pipe to give it more bottom end that test rider was still not impressed with it.🙂

My mates both traded their '07's in a week ago – so we took them to the track for a “run in” last weekend.

The ’09 has a great power delivery, is very responsive but doesn’t have a brute of a bottom end like the KX’s, it revs hard and true.

The ergo’s are well suited to most riders stock as they come with adjustable bar positions and felt slim between the legs.

I loved the high speed stability on their ‘07’s . . . they loved to pounding through the ruts and keeping a steady course and the ’09 is much the same.

Though I'm not sold on the suspension, the bike has a tendance to stand in corners, making it tiring to ride and a touch unpredictable.

It also has a and dicky false neutral between 2nd and 3rd . . . not a major issue but can be a pain in the . . . well you know what.

I don't think so, I heard they changed the diameter of the axle 🙂

yup your right they did

New for 2009:

Redesigned exhaust system has a 60mm longer titanium header for better low-end grunt plus a 50mm shorter aluminum silencer for optimum low-rpm throttle response.

Both carburetor jetting and CDI ignition mapping settings are precisely reworked to deliver increased engine performance with new exhaust.

New clutch eliminates the judder spring and uses a floating rubber damper instead of a coil spring to provide unmatched clutch performance.

New clutch eliminates the judder spring and uses a floating rubber damper instead of a coil spring to provide unmatched clutch performance.

Newly designed swingarm is lighter and helps to achieve excellent rigidity balance for superb cornering and rear wheel traction.

Lightweight suspension linkage is redesigned to match the new swingarm.

New rear wheel hub is lighter and designed for the larger 25mm diameter axle (up from 22mm), helping to achieve the overall rigidity balance of rear suspension components.

New clutch lever is shorter, stronger, and lighter, with a lever position adjuster to accommodate different riders. Quick adjuster makes maintenance easy.

Front brake hose clamp is now aluminum, greatly reducing its weight.

New seat cover has great grip and more durability, and it’s easy to clean.

Premium drive chain has gold colored plates for outstanding looks.

My mates both traded their '07's in a week ago – so we took them to the track for a “run in” last weekend.

The ’09 has a great power delivery, is very responsive but doesn’t have a brute of a bottom end like the KX’s, it revs hard and true.

The ergo’s are well suited to most riders stock as they come with adjustable bar positions and felt slim between the legs.

I loved the high speed stability on their ‘07’s . . . they loved to pounding through the ruts and keeping a steady course and the ’09 is much the same.

Though I'm not sold on the suspension, the bike has a tendance to stand in corners, making it tiring to ride and a touch unpredictable.

It also has a and dicky false neutral between 2nd and 3rd . . . not a major issue but can be a pain in the . . . well you know what.

well, that's kind of a bummer to hear your review about the corners. That standing up part doesn't sound good. Neither does your false neutral! I'd love to hear another review after the oil is changed from the stock stuff to see if that gets better. Also I'd love to hear more after they dial in the bike a little (set sag, clickers, etc).

thanks very much for your review!

I read that with talons you can just knock the centre out and replace the bearings and other parts which are the diameter.. spoke to a guy whos brother owns a wheel company and he said it can be done.. so fingers crossed:ride:

I hope so! I doubt they'll go back to the smaller axle, so one way or another I'll eventually have to figure something out.

I'm really thinking about doing one of these...