Sign in to follow this  

Valve stem recall issued from discount tire

http://www.dtccares.com

If you purchased any tires at discount tire you might check to see if you qualify to free valve stem replacement.

Check you tire pressures often, and keep the rubber side of your car down:thumbsup:

That is all.

Rusty

I got a notification of this recall from Discount Tire Co. in the mail. The wife's car needs to go back for inspection and replacement, if necessary. I was impressed by the fact that DTC actually mailed these notifications to the customers in their database. A lot of companies wouldn't go to that extreme with their customer service. 🙂:D

My wife had a tire going down, so I filled it. Two days latter it was way down again. Tried to fill it and I couldn't get it to take any air, just leaked out all around the valve stem. So put on the spare and figured I take in into DTC where we bought them the next day. WEnt out to the mailbox and lo and behold, there was the letter from DTC. Had no problems, they replaced them all and rotated the tires the next day.

My wife had a tire going down, so I filled it. Two days latter it was way down again. Tried to fill it and I couldn't get it to take any air, just leaked out all around the valve stem. So put on the spare and figured I take in into DTC where we bought them the next day. WEnt out to the mailbox and lo and behold, there was the letter from DTC. Had no problems, they replaced them all and rotated the tires the next day.

Same experience......only it happened on vacation and 3 out of 4 stems would leak loudly if even touched to check pressure.

Why must they use the cheapest stems out there? I'd pay more for a premium valve stem.

Next time I'll buy highend off road stems and carry them in at time of tire change out cuz I know what ever they have its probably crap.

BB