Sign in to follow this  

Motorcycle insurance for 17yr old

I just took the motorcycle safety class and will have my endorsement by the end of the week. I'm trying to figure out how much insurance generaly costs for someone who is 17 or close to that. And what type of bike would have the cheapest insurance.

call different insurance agencys in your area. Rates differ depending on alot of variables.

stay away from a sport bike. Insurance is a ton. A full fairing bike will be the most expensive. If you do a dual sport it would probably be the cheapest. I have progresive. I have a 98 WR400 liability

sorry, liabilty only and pay $94 a year. If your making payments on a bike you have to have full coverage. Maybe look into having one of your parents insure it under their name, and put you on as a second driver, that should be cheaper

when I was 18 I was checking it out. For a 2005 r6 the insurance was around $1600 a year, nearly full coverage. I also live in a very rural area, good student discount, have a perfect driving record, had taken the msf course and therefore had my license. It supposedly drops a lot once you turn 21.

mine was right at $4,000 a year for full coverage for my 07 r6 and im 22 with a clean record and msf training so I said screw that shit and sold that pos:bonk: 🙂:D:worthy:

I think it drops at 25 years

I pay $84/YEAR on my DRZ400SM, full coverage, $200 ded.

Farmers Ins has the best rates I found on dual sports b/c they don't give ins to sport bikes.