Sign in to follow this  

movin to a red bike

hey guys im riding a 06yz250f that is a pretty great bike and it like it, but i got a chance to get 07crf250r with low hours and mostly stock i beleive. on to the real question, ive herd horror stories about this bike blowing up for no reason and having problem after problem is it true, are the motors really that bad in theese things. The way i see it is honda is the best selling bike and therefore statistically its more possible for a larger group of people to buy one that doesnt give a **** about their bikes purchase one. what are your thoughts opinions and strong points of this bike

They are great strong bikes... I have 73.1 hrs on the meter on my 08. Just make sure you keep up on maintenance.

The stock valves are still perfect. I have a JE piston in my bike right now, re rung it at around 62 hrs on the meter. Dissassembled the head and cleaned it all out and put new seals in, valves looked great.

i have noticed that most of the posts on the first page are all concerning valve problems and starting problems. not knocking the bike but is this a big problem with theese bikes

valves are NOT a problem as long as you take car of her, just clean your air filter when it gets dirty, and dont neglect your oil either

From what I have heard so far, it doesn't sound like you can handle the CRF, maybe you should say away.

JK....they are fine.

i have the mechanical ability to fix it should something break i just prefer riding to playing team mechanic all the time thats all

i have the mechanical ability to fix it should something break i just prefer riding to playing team mechanic all the time thats all

Well, if you enjoyed riding while riding blue, you will love riding while riding red:thumbsup:

I traded an 03 rm250 for a 07 crf 250r over a year ago and its been the best bike ive had no problems at all starts easy and valves hadnt moved im almost 40 and 190lb and it pulls me where ever i point it

hey guys im riding a 06yz250f that is a pretty great bike and it like it, but i got a chance to get 07crf250r

Bout time you rode a REAL bike... :ride:

I joke... I joke... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Its a great bike...

Hope you'll love it as much as I do...

I had no problems starting or with the valve...

Cross my fingers... 🙂:D:worthy: