Sign in to follow this  

Suzuki DRZ 250 carb cleaning question!

I'm trying to clean the carb on 02 250 and I have the engine open. I took off the air box, throttle body and gas tank. Currently, I have something that looks like the engine (cam gears?) open. Where is the carb? Under the engine? Does anyone know how to get to it?🙂

Dude....are you for real? 🙂 If you are...well.....go to http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/sloans/Suzuki_OEM/SuzukiDB.asp?Type=13&A=221&B=5

It is the break down of the carborator....you should be able to find it that way....your throttle linkage should be attached to it....its rather a small thing compared to the engine...and oh ya...stop taking the engine appart before you break somthing.....better yet why don't you go to the drz250 forum and get help there. I don't know how similar the DRZ400s is to the 250. I would think if you took off the airbox you should have found the carb....that is what the airbox is attached to.

If you can't even identify the carb, you shouldn't be attempting this without some supervision

Assuming this is for real, which I definitely have my doubts. Stop. Box up everything. Take it to a shop. It'll never run again otherwise

this is why you need to just pay a shop

you maybe a DR. or loyer or some thing

but your clueluss working on bikes

do not be ashamed to pay a shop to get some thing done

apparently by his previous posts he has had trouble starting his bike.but i fully agree that if he can't even identify the most basic things on an engine that no attempt should be made to blindly dive in to the unknown.do as bob says,stop,box it up and seek competent professional service otherwise it very well may not ever run right after you're done.

Carb = carburetor. You don't have a throttle body. (That is fuel injection talk) What you call the throttle body is the carburetor. I'm sure you can find the gas tank. Then follow the fuel hose from the gas tank to the CARBURETOR. Please get some help.

My bad yah what I thought was the throttle body was the carb and it is clean. I have good spark and the bike still won't start. I have experience pulling honda engines just not working on dirt bikes.