Valve Intervention

For the life of me I can't understand why people are in such denial when told that they are going to have to get new intake valves for their honda 450.

Excuses include: my carb is dirty; my battery needs a charge; the ever popular "they just need to be adjusted again", "i think I need a new spark plug." ETC.......

i just told my "friend" that he should think about new valves for his '05 and his response was "I just bought the bike", what year is it? ........'08 dumbass!!! yeah, you've had to kick start it for .....six months now, think sonething is wrong? Hello! anyone home? It turned into an arguement/debate and them he had the nerve to say "it doesn't even have Ti valves man". Uh, I think i need new friends.

I'm thinking: "OK, do you just think I'm a liar or do you think that I don't know what i'm talking about after spending over $1000 on my top end alone."

The behavior is bordering on some kind of junkie- like alcoholic denial deal. I think my friend needs a meeting. OR maybe he should get on thumpertalk once in a while!!!!

Feel free to talk amongst yourself.....thanks for letting me vent.

HAHAHA! You're not kiddin'....When my valves went I fried the starter and did everything else but accept the valves were shot....I just couldn't accept the idea that the bike ran so good for some 260 hours then wouldn't run at all.

i'm at 130 hours and the bike still starts up on the first push of the e-start; this is why i haven't even checked them. i've had so much fun on my bike that i wouldn't mind servicing the valves when the time arises. ?:D

You got a good one. I've heard that at that many hours you can only do one adjust and then they're tuliped. You're better leaving them until you can't use the e-start and then go directly to the stainless.

That's exactly what I did and there are lots of hours on the SS valves. It's the only way to go IMHO:thumbsup:

I think your friend needs an "intervention".

I agree. :D

... and what valves ? This bike has valves ?

No wonder it smokes a little when I add the sweet smelling Castor at 50:1 to the fuel... man, someone should have told me it's oil injected!! I could have saved all kinds of time not mixing!!!

Now, if someone can tell me where I put the ATF ... I'll be hunky dory. So far, I've not been able to change it since I don't know where it goes back in.

... now my darn service manual is greasy too. Crap. I had hoped it would stay shiny and new for keeping resale value. So much for "wifes bike... barely ridden". Now it'll be "Mechanics bike, superb maintenance, like new" ?

:worthy: ... ignorance is bliss. Knowing-it-all is damaging!

I offered to check them and he said he had to ride this weekend and didn't want to risk having his bike torn apart because i probably didn't know what I was doing.

I had to go to my "happy place" until he left my garage after drinking my last pacifico.

I offered to check them and he said he had to ride this weekend and didn't want to risk having his bike torn apart because i probably didn't know what I was doing.

I had to go to my "happy place" until he left my garage after drinking my last pacifico.

?

Get a rope...

:D

... might need two, if the "happy place" didn't work out too well. :worthy: