Sign in to follow this  

Advice needed please!

Well just want to see what others have to say on this problem. Ive got a 02 E model with all the mods put into it( easily $1500) and it runs great. im Barley getting any attention from it for $2500 and Selling the drz for only $2500 isn't even enough for a decent stock S or SM then mods will be a ton more. I need it to be street legal and the only way is to either sell it and buy a S or SM model or get a S frame and try and deal with our horrible DMV. . Anyone have any advice?

I cant seem to find a S or SM frame either :)

in California its impossible to get a E model street legal. They just see the serial and say no.

take all your mods off, put the stock equipment back on, sell it for less.

Buy a new Z and put your aftermarket stuff on it

There is a S frame in the TT classifieds right now (well it was there a day or so ago, last time I looked.)

A 02 E is worth what a 02 E is, mods add almost no value. You are better off returning it to stock and selling the aftermarket stuff seperately.

I thought there was an s frame in the TT classifieds also. There might also be one on ebay right now.

take all your mods off, put the stock equipment back on, sell it for MORE.

Fixed. Often times you'll get more for a stock machine than one that's modded. Nobody wants something that might have been 'raced'.

Well just want to see what others have to say on this problem. Ive got a 02 E model with all the mods put into it( easily $1500) and it runs great. im Barley getting any attention from it for $2500 and Selling the drz for only $2500 isn't even enough for a decent stock S or SM then mods will be a ton more. I need it to be street legal and the only way is to either sell it and buy a S or SM model or get a S frame and try and deal with our horrible DMV. . Anyone have any advice?

I cant seem to find a S or SM frame either :)

in California its impossible to get a E model street legal. They just see the serial and say no.

Also check SM junkie for an S frame. I know I saw one recently for like $400.

yea i dont have the stock parts. I bought the bike used and he didnt keep the stock parts i guess. Well it seems everyone says get a frame.

Has anyone done this in California before? how hard was it to do?

People also warn me about getting S frames from other states, is that going to be a problem?

thanks

in IOWA you cant get aney thing tiatled with a off road vin on it

that is why I bot the SM over getting a cheep "E"

if it ant street leagle it is useluss in IOWA

Is there anyone who has swapped out frames to get there bike legal?