Sign in to follow this  

One last tire question :)

One last tire question and I'll leave everyone alone.. LOL!

As a refresher, I am looking for some 50/50 dualsport tires or thereabout. I have read good things about the Kenda 270's, but everyone is out of stock or backordered on them. I found a tire made by "King" tires. Wanted opinions on these before I consider ordering them. Here is a reference link: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/29/392/5051/ITEM/Kings-KT-962-Trail-FrontRear-Tire.aspx

Thanks in advance!

-Tom

One last tire question and I'll leave everyone alone.. LOL!

As a refresher, I am looking for some 50/50 dualsport tires or thereabout. I have read good things about the Kenda 270's, but everyone is out of stock or backordered on them. I found a tire made by "King" tires. Wanted opinions on these before I consider ordering them. Here is a reference link: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/29/392/5051/ITEM/Kings-KT-962-Trail-FrontRear-Tire.aspx

Thanks in advance!

-Tom

I would have bought the Kings tires which seems to have good reviews online. Especially for the $$, they look to be a great deal. I think MX Rob has them on his, at least from the pics of his bike it looks like it. And he don't do junk, so you won't go wrong with Kings. I couldn't find any Kings sellers in my area, so I just decided to go witht the Continentals TKC80 and got them from tire express--$180 shipped for both F & R. It was a tough decision, but I wanted to try a premium tire for future comparisons so I can decide if the $$ you pay is worth it. I have several other bikes and I want to know for myself. I also ride 80% on the street, but I want a tire that is not going to scare me off road like the stock trailwings do. The TKC seemed like the tire for me. I will find out in a few days if it is.

I've been using Maxxis M6006's this time. They're a pretty good on/off road tire. Before that was Kenda's and Cheng Shin's. I've come to my own conclusion that anything with some reasonably sized lugs works just fine. My favorites were actually the cheapest tires. It was kinda fun to abuse a set of tires where changing them was more annoying than the price tag.

I ordered a shinko 244 tire. I'm gonna give it a try. It had some good reviews and the price was right. I got the tire just haven't had tire to mount it yet.

Since I ride so much street I think my next one will be a 100% street tire.