Sign in to follow this  

engine kx250 on frame kx125?

is it posible to fit engine of kx 250 on frame of kx 125 year 1994?

anything is possible my friend, but depending on measurements, frame cutting, welding, mounts, ect ect. would need to be looked into.

a few people on these forums put a KDX motor into their KX125's, do a search for the hybrids.

Frame cradle is a different size. A 250 engine in a 125 makes it a 250, that IS what makes it a 250. Size and weight would be the same as a 250. It would BE a 250. Infact the 03+ KX's were the same frame with the exception of the frame cradle.

I'd be inclined to say do a massive big bore like 165 or something.

If you try it keep us posted. It would be neat to do just to do for sure but outside that I see no benifit.

well an 05 250 will not go into a 03 kx 125 without massive changes tried it wasn't worth the effort

well if all I had were a 125 roller and a 250 engine and I wanted to ride I would stick it and fit it .

of course given you had all the tools and no other options.

is it posible to fit engine of kx 250 on frame of kx 125 year 1994?

the simplest answer is NO. and this likely goes for ALL years

however IF you cut out the cradle from the 125 and fab up a new cradle then yes it can be made to fit.

however...

Ryan Vilipoto runs the 250f with the 450f swingarm (it is longer)

I think James Stewart ran a 250 swing arm back in his 125 days (it is also longer)

the longer swing arm help control the 250 monster compared to a 125. and a big props to those that wring out the KX5's

it's all about what you can do or pay someone to do for you. So yes a 250 tt motor will fit in an aluminium KX frame or even a 125 frame as will a Chevy V8 if you really want it.🤣

Also with all the weight forward on the frame it would be an ill handling machine.