Rain, Rain Go The F Away!!!

I ran the SCR harescramble yesterday. WHAT A MESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm pretty sure my gear bag weighs 80 pounds now because my gear is soaked and completely full of clay. There is probably 100 pounds of potato food stuck to the bike. My Camelback collected so much mud that it now combined with my chest protector weighs around 5 pounds. My neck and shoulders are completly f'd from the weight! Lots of guys gave up, and everone said the conditions were completely ridiculous! Word is it will take the rest of the year to repair all the damage done to the SCR trail system, due to the many engine case deep ruts. I myself would have rather stayed home and cleaned up dog poo, but taking home a trophy for 4th after starting well behind the rest of the feild in 2nd last place because I missed the gate made the day almost worthwhile. There was a 4 stroke on the line that wouldn't start, otherwise I would have been last. I missed the gate because my 1st time pit crew took my gas down to gasoline alley before my bike was filled in the pit:naughty: oh well he's just learning and wants to get his own bike for next season:thumbsup:

NICE work KD - I was going to come down and watch, but didn't really want to push bikes all day and felt this is how my "spectator" time was going to be spent.

Too bad about the trails getting all f'd up, I kinda liked riding them and had a feeling nothing good was going to happen to them if they decided to run the race during monsoon season (08 summer) in Ontario!

So the track is still closed today - why - I don't know - maybe to take away the signeage of the "secret" trail system - probably couldn't find it on our own since the ground was like not disturbed at all!!

Haha! Your thinly veiled attempt at sarcasm is well noted Matt! They can't get out to remove the signs because you can't even stand on the trail without falling on your arse! The mud is like greased ice. If you want to find the "secret trail" just put your wheel in the deepest rut you can find and stay in it for 12 kms. Brand new aggressive tires is the only way you will make it. The majority of the track was on club trails. There were only a couple of new bush sections, and a few open feild sections which will now be visible from the space shuttle! The mx track was spared the abuse as it was apparently flooded.

• 2 weeks later...