Sign in to follow this  

ttr 230 2009

gday all tters its rob from oz here, just a few questions @ a ttr230. my wife to be kelly is keen to get either a ttr 230 or a crf230, both of these would be 09 models as they are here now.

has anyone ridden both of these and what feedback can i get off you?

also whats the availability of graphics/ and or changing the colour of mudgaurds to black?

i have heard that the yamaha is faster but that was in a magazine so i wont take that as gospel. kelly has ridden my daughters rm85 and likes the size and weight but doesnt like the powerband. she likes the crf150 power but i think she will outgrow that bike quickly, so we are looking at the 230

thankyou for your time and cheers :)

I have a 2007 TT-R230 and I like it very much...no problems with it.

My main gripe --> lack of aftermarket products. About the only thing I can find is an exhaust pipe...and that typically does NOT include the header.

I've seen some aftermarket front/rear fenders (mudflaps) - and they come in black...as well as blue and pink.

so do you think there is more aftermarket stuff for the crf230?

is there enough power for basic trail riding for a 1st year women rider?

I'm not 1st year and I'm not a woman :D and my Yamaha works good for my riding...so, it should work good for your purposes.

As far as parts - try www.denniskirk.com and search for your make/model/year.

The Honda parts look similar to those available for the Yamaha.

Seems how your bike is for your wife...maybe the question is - "Does she like red or blue" :)

Just bought a new TTR 230 last week for Ms Bronc and love it. I like it better than the CRF, but have only ridden an '06 CRF230. I don't know if the new ones have changed much.

so bronc did you get an 09 or 08 ttr230? i suppose there the same bike anyway

does if feel like it has more power than the crf? and is it user friendly?

cheers rob

I have an '06 TTR-230, my little brother(main riding partner) has an '07 CRF230F. Feature-wise, they are identical.

The CRF has much more aftermarket support, so replacement parts and hop-up parts are plentiful and inexpensive. Not so for the TTR.

The only real differences between the two bikes (when stock) are ergonomics, ride, and motor/transmission "feel". Power, speed, capability are the same.

The CRF sits higher than the TTR.

The CRF has a smoother motor at idle and low revs (not more power, just smoother), and shifts easier. The TTR isn't hard to shift, it's just not as buttery smooth as the CRF.

The TTR warms up faster from a cold start than the CRF.

The CRF soaks up small jumps, as opposed to the TTR, which launches easily. To explain - same speed, same terrain, the TTR will get more "air" on small jumps than the CRF.

The CRF has a key for the ignition, the TTR does not. The key is nice for security when parked, but not so fun when you truck your bike out to the trails and realize you left the key at home.

When it comes down to it, I prefer to ride my TTR, and my brother prefers to ride his CRF. He gets cheaper parts than me, but my bike jumps easier, warms up faster, and I've never had to turn around and go home because I forgot the key.

Hi Rob,

are the '09 TTR's definately available here in Oz?

I put a deposit down on an '09 TTR110 for my daughter and they promised '09 was available with delivery for next week. 1/2 hr after they took my deposit dealer called and said 09's are not available, can't get one you'll have to have an '08.