Sign in to follow this  

Bar risers-How high did you go?

I've been reading through the threads(searched) What I want to know is how many inches up I can go without issues.Looking at the rox adjustable risers,they got 2'' 3.5'' and 5''

Or would higher bars get the hight i need? I'm 6'2...thanks

Start with High-bends. They don't add a ridiculous amount of hight, but they are a good start. Then if you need more, you can add risers later. I think 5" risers would be like ape-hangers! Going that high would probably have implications for your throttle cables, and possibly the wiring to your controls, but not totally sure. I'm 6'4" and yes, i feel too hunched over when standing on the pegs. I'm going to get some high-bends installed next.

I think 5" risers would be like ape-hangers!

It would look really strange, but it would be really comfortable for those who need it! :worthy:

I would like to see a picture of a bike with 5'' risers, anyway, so see how it looks :)

Note: I installed the Big DR risers, with a homemade taller handlebar, and the bike is really comfortable now :D

I got some MSR handlebars with a KTM/Magura bend and it was somewhere around 4 1/2" rise.. they installed with no cable issues and I would suggest u do the same.. I am 6'4" and that's a good rise.. keep in mind that's 4 1/2 total.. so that's only about 2 1/2" over stock I think

I installed the tusk risers on mine and it's perfect for me! Added 1.5" - doesn't sound like much but it reduced alot of strain on my back and I can stand up straight. I'm 6'3"

I'm 6' .

Replaced the stock bars with Hi bend, this added 20mm but not enough when standing.

Have on order Tusk adjustable Bar Riser Kit which will give me an additional 20-35mm height.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=70&navTitle=Control&webCatId=12&prodFamilyId=12976

Did that Tusk riser kit work with the stock bar size?

What is the stock bar size anyway??

Eric

I installed the tusk risers on mine and it's perfect for me! Added 1.5" - doesn't sound like much but it reduced alot of strain on my back and I can stand up straight. I'm 6'3"

Sounds like exactly what I need on mine, I'm 6'3" as well and my upper back is feeling the pain right now after riding 30 miles today with my stock setup. How much do those risers cost and does it work fine with the stock handlebars? thanks

They're only $19. I can see someone wanting them to be up and forward for standing, but up and slightly back is real nice for reducing back strain while riding. Even moreso with a tall seat. Stock bars are 7/8".

I rode mine this weekend and can stand straight up without any problems.

Thanks for the input guys,I think i'll start with the cr high bend and then go from there.

I was looking at the atv high bend bar..Not sure about the sweep tho.I pm'ed ccontrol (fellow tter) He installed the pro taper atv high bends on his z.This could be a good option.