Sign in to follow this  

1st Impressions: MEFO knobbies

:D

I bought some MEFO knobbies for my L:

Enduro Master for the front

I.S.D.E. Master for the rear

They are made of a very soft compound. With about 200 miles on them, I expect to get about 600 - 700 miles out of 'em.

I can no longer do clutchless, no-pull wheelies. The back tire spins on pavement instead of grabbing, and I can feel the knobs flex.

Off-road, the front grabs fairly well, but the rear doesn't hook up worth a s**t! My life is in danger anytime I get in a small rut or someone else's tire tracks. I've been riding on dry, sandy, rocky terrain that's pretty loose. These tires might do pretty well in mud with their open tread design, but anything else...:worthy:

I guess I'll go back to a D606 on the rear and maybe try a Maxis or something on the front.:)

yeah...i haven't heard but a few reports on the ISDE...my understanding is it's a mud tire...

...u got them for dualsport use???

...are they even DOT approved???:)

:D

...are they even DOT approved???

Probably not. I don't mind if it's DOT approved or not :) as long as it works - and doesn't wear out in a week.

Kenda Carlsbad 110/100 rear & Dunlop D742F 80/100 front works well for me on my 2000 650 L & wears well. Not DOT but I do mostly off road. Probably do about 10% highway.

Kenda Carlsbad 110/100 rear & Dunlop D742F 80/100 front works well for me on my 2000 650 L & wears well. Not DOT but I do mostly off road. Probably do about 10% highway.

Dang! That Kenda Carlsbad looks goooood!!! And the price isn't bad either!:)

Dang! That Kenda Carlsbad looks goooood!!! And the price isn't bad either!:)

They come in a sticky but I got the regular & it's wearing well? Yes the price is right:thumbsup: Not mainstream popular but a good tire:excuseme: