Sign in to follow this  

11.5" shock with stock style extended swingarm?

hey, my buddy is trying to build his 110 and got a +3 swingarm. honestly it made the bike look like a hill climber. he wants to put a longer shock on it to push the swingarm down a bit and of course push the the seat up.the stock shock length is 10.25" eye-to-eye if im not mistaken. has anyone delt with longer shock applications on stock style (mounting points) swingarms? is 11.5" too much?

It depends on the configuration of the mounting area on the swinger. Some swingers require a long shock like the Two Bros long shock setup. Some require a shorter shock that mimic the stock swinger with regard to where the shock mounts to the swinger.

The stock shock is 10" eye to eye. A Works is 10 and 1/4, but can be made to any length. ---L*64

The I-shock M1-A series have an extended version which is 275 mm . I put one on mine with a stock arm .

Raised the seat nicely .

If you have a +3 and add an aftermarket shock , will you deff need to raise the front end to even it out !

If you don't already have one yet ? Get a tall seat helps to raise it too . :)

Hey Minime-- Can you post a pic of that bike with the stock swinger and the 275mm shock from the side? I was going to try a 275mm Works, but I'm kinda wondering how it will sit. I was going to use an older '00/'01 KX65 front end with it. The older 65 front end is about exactly as long as a KX60 front. I was anticipating raising the legs up about a half inch in the tree with that 275mm rear shock. ---L*64

I don't think the top pic has the hd front springs installed yet ? I know it has the BBR rods in there though .

I know the bottom pic has the hd springs installed .

ae2b50d0.jpg

a374a8cc.jpg