Sign in to follow this  

Whats It Worth?

I found a 06 GSXR750 for sale for $2900. I am thinking about buying and selling it. It looks to be in awesome condition and has 6722miles on it. Is that a lot of miles for a street bike? This is what Kelly blue books says :

http://www.kbb.com/kbb/OtherVehicles/PricingReport.aspx?VehicleId=79455&VehicleClass=Motorcycle&PriceType=Retail&ManufacturerId=48&YearId=2006

And that is what it's worth in Maine where the bike is located. I have been looking around at what people are selling their street bikes for up here in New Brunswick, and this bike would sell for 8500 easy. I see a couple 2005 GSXR 750's for $8000.

So, should I buy this bike, and re-sell it?

If you think you can make a profit then I would go for it

I know I can after doing more research. I just don't know much about street bikes. Is 6722miles a lot for a street bike?

Like the old saying goes: "If it sounds to good to be true. It probably is." Even though blue book says the bike is worth that much you MIGHT be able to resell it for a small proffitt. That ad could also just be a scam. There is TONS of them around right now. There is no real reason to have that bike for sale that cheap. Unless it is A: Stolen B: Crashed C: Getting ready to blow up. D: Had the living piss run out of it, and something is wrong

The question is why only $2900 when its worth over double that and NO 6700 miles isnt alot of miles at all for a "Maintained" street bike.

But just like anything no maintenance and it could be on its last leg. Even blown up or crashed the bike is worth $2900 which I why I am curious of the price.

If the bike is in that good of shape, and its $2900 u should be buying it right now not wasting time on the forums cuz it will be gone in a hurry

go for it. i bought my 06 ninja 250 for 1500 bucks. I have put over 600 miles on it and theres nothing wrong with it. i bought it with about 1,500 miles. I could probably sell the thing right now for 2 grand easily. Just because it's cheap doesn't mean its stolen or somethings wrong with it. I would defidently test ride it though and see if the serial numbers are not scratched off just in case.

if it's legit thats a super deal. But most likely it's a scam. If you do go look at it make sure to verify that the bike has a title. Good luck make sure to let us know what happens

I am thinking about giving him a call. What questions do I need to ask?

Verify that title status. Does he have the title in hand? Is the title registered to him? If the bank has the title pick up the phone and call them and verify how much money he owes. They will send the title to him once the loan is paid. Check and make sure it's not a salvage titled bike, if it is it's not really worth much more than what he is asking.

No that bike with a salvage title is definately worth more than $2900 if it is comepletely restored and repaired.

You would have a hard time buying one for that price still wrecked.

thats wayyyy too good to be true. Most likely you will get an answering machine and never recieve a call back. Its happened to me numerous times.