Sign in to follow this  

zooka?? can anyone ID this Bike ? loncin ?

Hi All

I am planning on buying a Zooka mx 250 bike,

it is sold in South Africa by www.bigboyscooters.co.za

the motor is made by Loncin,

I would like to know how if they are sold in USA or European area and under what name,

How good are they and how much abuse they can handle(compared to a yz yamaha).

ZookaMX250.php#

This bike has nothing to do with a YZ. You could compare it to an XT or some other trail bike, but this is definitely not an mx bike.

It has half the horsepower of a japanese/KTM 250F and probably half the reliability, too.

I'd love to get my hands on one and try it out without having to buy it, though. This model (or a similar one) has been popping up on forums for quite a while now but nobody seems to have seen one in person. If you get it, make sure you give us your feedback!

14 kw = 18hp. My XR250 has more power. It's a shame they can't get more out of it. Also, if you need a USFS spark arrester, you'll have to add a different pipe - that no one makes. Sure, you can fab one to it, like an FMF Q, but...

It looks cool. I don't know how much money that was in Africa money, so it's hard to compare. I think the 125 and 200cc DS bikes looked like great commuters with some off -road duties.

i just purchased a 125cc pitbike with a loncin motor in it and i am on the road as u are now trying to find out what the hell it is and where i can get parts and stuff, it runs pretty crappy and i know i have alot of carb and possible other work ahead of me. one of my first bikes was an xr100 and it had way over 2 even 3 times the power of this thing. It is a cheap pit bike i know but my suggestion is to stick with the YAMAHA idea u were throwing around earlier and just buy a new or even well taken care of used one and dont even waste your TIME! good luck