Sign in to follow this  

electric dirtbikes??

saw one this weekend with vermont plates and a blinker kit on it..it was pretty cool

haha well for me it reminds me of somethin that toys r us would sell lol.

i mean it would probably be good for trails but i cant imagine it being a racing bike

The torque curve on an electric dirtbike would be unreal. incomparable to anything a gasoline engine could produce.

With that said... its still the gayest thing ever.

i mean it would probably be good for trails but i cant imagine it being a racing bike

just wait till you get smoked by someone on an electric bike

Far more weekend trail riders than hardcore racers... I think there's a market. Opens up all those suburban mountain biking trials... :) Just weld on some faux pedals :D

(The above content is purely based in fantasy and not recommended by ThumperTalk or its partners. ThumperTalk encourages its visitors to obey all laws at all times. :worthy: )

The torque curve on an electric dirtbike would be unreal. incomparable to anything a gasoline engine could produce.

With that said... its still the gayest thing ever.

there is no curve, its just a straight line, but yeah

i cant believe yall are takin this seriously! no clutch no gears too light for any traction and the tires are worse than the ones on a xr! could you imagine a race with out sound or smell? i love the sound and smell of a 2 smoker. look at it its basically a eletcric bicycle. plus the battery costs 3k to replace. if ya ask me its a bunch of gay :).

Can we stop using the word "gay" already? I guess my 39 years of age is showing... Use of the word "gay" is that in itself IMHO.

If I had a big enough home lot, I'd buy one for getting my fix in between trips to the national forrest on the gasser...

Give me the power of a 250, 6 hour batteries, better tires - I'd be there! That would be just as fun on the tight trail. :)

I wonder how it would handle a deep water crossing? :D

I wonder how it would handle a deep water crossing? :D

thats what I'm saying :). Honestly this thing is at a stage of development that in my point of view should not even be on the market. It's too expensive, seems unreliable and it will never take the place of motorcycles, its only making a vaguely similar source of transportation for people that think they are saving the world.

thats what I'm saying :D. Honestly this thing is at a stage of development that in my point of view should not even be on the market. It's too expensive, seems unreliable and it will never take the place of motorcycles, its only making a vaguely similar source of transportation for people that think they are saving the world.

Too expensive? That's a relative thing. To some, a YZ250F is expensive. Considering the fronted developement costs, all cutting edge products are reletively expensive in this part of their developmental lifecycle.

"Seems" unreliable. How so?

Electric components, such as an alternator can take water. I'm not sure, but I'd guess these manufacturers considered water contact in their designs.

Never is a l o n g time... But, I don't see them replacing gas bikes entirely, but I like the ability to ride close in without t'n off the neighbors. If they can't hear/see you, there isn't anything to complain about. But, some complain when they see others having fun, so I could be wrong...:)

Too expensive? That's a relative thing. To some, a YZ250F is expensive.

I see what your saying but to me $7,450 is a bit expensive for something that has a 30mph max considering the msrp of a 2009 yz250f is $6,649! All in all though it sure would be cool being able to hit the local mountain bike trails with this thing :)

Too expensive? That's a relative thing. To some, a YZ250F is expensive. Considering the fronted developement costs, all cutting edge products are reletively expensive in this part of their developmental lifecycle.

"Seems" unreliable. How so?

Electric components, such as an alternator can take water. I'm not sure, but I'd guess these manufacturers considered water contact in their designs.

Never is a l o n g time... But, I don't see them replacing gas bikes entirely, but I like the ability to ride close in without t'n off the neighbors. If they can't hear/see you, there isn't anything to complain about. But, some complain when they see others having fun, so I could be wrong...:)

i live in the middle of no where. looks like it would be fun for ridin round a "hood" if it was about 6.4k cheaper. but not the endureo/bluffsriding trails i ride.