Sign in to follow this  

Bars: How high can we go?

Like a lot of you guys, I want to raise my bars a bit, most likely by purchasing a new one. I'm looking at the Renthal and Pro Taper, both in 7/8".

Anyway, how much taller can we go before we run into trouble with cable length or anything else?

Also, if anyone has any recommendations for a specific bar I'm all ears. I'm looking for something a bit taller and with a little less sweep.

Thanks!

When installing a magura fatbar I changed the cable positions aswell. I didn't want to run into a problem later, so I moved the throttle cable to go right past the tank instead of going behind the headlight plastic and moved the clutch cable the same way. Now they are able to move a lot and there's a lot of extra lenght. I guess you can raise the bar quite a bit before running into any problems, if you change the cable- and wire-positions.

Went with pro taper cr high bend on one of my DRZ's I like them alot a little higher and less sweep. The numbers on the pro taper Windam rm bend is a little higher still and with even less sweep. I'm going to put them on DRZ number two. Both 7/8 's check out the pro taper chart