OK, who went where this weekend??

Just sayin' :D

Took my family out to LPNF - halfmoon camp.

Wife and 4 y/o just hung out and collected pine cones. My 7 y/o bobbed behind me on her PW50. Time for a bigger bike!! - Her knees drag on the ground. I’m pretty proud of her though, she bounced through a couple of rocky sections a bit too fast for my stomach, but she pulled it off ?

After I told her how proud I was and how much better she’s gotten, she asked “daddy, now can I go with you and your friends when you go riding?” :worthy:

Finally got my 250 jetted correctly too :ride: After trying a few different needle positions I tried the JD needle and gout my mid-range back - So happy!!

Where’d everyone go this weekend? Come on, spill the beans!

How was the weather temperature wise up there?

It was my Saturday to work so the only riding I got in was a couple of hours on the mountain bike around Woodley Park / Sepulveda Dam on Sunday.

Sunday evening on the way to have dinner at Macaroni Grill at Northridge Mall, passed someone riding their unplated dirt bike on Plummer ? , he kept on looking over his shoulder for the man, anyone here???

Chad, we still gotta hit Gilberts....

Ahh, Halfmoon. I love that place. Sitting there you would never know that downtown LA is only about 60 miles away(as the crow flies). A good camp spot for easier riding is Chuchupate camp on the road up to Frazier. The only problem with it is the kids zooming around on quads.

I was planning on a LPNF run on Sunday, but my riding buddy had mechanical issues with his truck on Sunday afternoon.

I did ride my street bike solo on both Saturday and Sunday for a total just under 400 miles. On Saturday I was close to you when I made a loop around Lockwood Valley road, Hwy 33, and Cerro Noroeste. Why do Harley riders go so slow?

I need to get out on a good long all day challenging dirt ride or I'm going to lose whatever meager conditioning that I've managed to build up.

Did my first trail ride this weekend :worthy: ...My friends(?) took me up thru Horse Canyon in the High Sierras. Wow! That is a lot of work, beautiful scenery tho. I think I'll wait til I get a newer machine before I try that again. My 99' 300 seems a bit out of touch with the reality that is my rear!:D The first day was a 40 mile loop and she ran great. The second was to be a "short, easy 3 miler". Hmmmm. About halfway thru that nightmare I lost my ignition (Suspect my voltage regulator, I'll dig into it later) so the leisure trip became a 3 mile push-fest thru some nasty rock/switchback/polarbear infested countryside. OK, I made that last thing up.? Great weekend anyway. Met some new people, SLR and friends, and had a good time despite the setback.

Larry

• Like 1

Did my first trail ride this weekend :worthy: ...My friends(?) took me up thru Horse Canyon in the High Sierras. Wow! That is a lot of work, beautiful scenery tho. I think I'll wait til I get a newer machine before I try that again. My 99' 300 seems a bit out of touch with the reality that is my rear!:D The first day was a 40 mile loop and she ran great. The second was to be a "short, easy 3 miler". Hmmmm. About halfway thru that nightmare I lost my ignition (Suspect my voltage regulator, I'll dig into it later) so the leisure trip became a 3 mile push-fest thru some nasty rock/switchback/polarbear infested countryside. OK, I made that last thing up.? Great weekend anyway. Met some new people, SLR and friends, and had a good time despite the setback.

Larry

Larry,

Glad you had fun, sorry bout your bike. Hope to see you on the trails next week. Maybe I will take you on a fun easy ride at Carnegie:ride:

I just relaxed and hung out on the couch watching the Olympics all weekend. ?

From your description of bouncing off rocks and such, sounds like your daughter rides just like her dad!:worthy: How'd she like the Piru Creek trail? :D

did a short ride around Penny Pines. Weather was great. The closer you are to PP, the worse the trails. they are tore up from the floor up! The abandoned bike on 38 is gone and I'm pretty sure we saw a heli-ambulance over head. Hope it wasn't too bad.

Ahh, Halfmoon. I love that place. Sitting there you would never know that downtown LA is only about 60 miles away(as the crow flies). A good camp spot for easier riding is Chuchupate camp on the road up to Frazier. The only problem with it is the kids zooming around on quads.

I was planning on a LPNF run on Sunday, but my riding buddy had mechanical issues with his truck on Sunday afternoon.

I did ride my street bike solo on both Saturday and Sunday for a total just under 400 miles. On Saturday I was close to you when I made a loop around Lockwood Valley road, Hwy 33, and Cerro Noroeste. Why do Harley riders go so slow?

I need to get out on a good long all day challenging dirt ride or I'm going to lose whatever meager conditioning that I've managed to build up.

We had plenty of kids zooming around Halfmoon on quads, sans helmets no less. I was a little bummed, thought I left that scene back in Gorman ?

I’m going to need to sit down with you some day and pick your brain a bit. Greg and I were up there trying to link some stuff together a couple of weeks ago, unfortunately the fortress of solitude that is Pine Mountain shut us down :ride: We did run into a couple of guys though that showed us the back door to Ballinger, so that was cool…

Did my first trail ride this weekend :banghead: ...My friends(?) took me up thru Horse Canyon in the High Sierras. Wow! That is a lot of work, beautiful scenery tho. I think I'll wait til I get a newer machine before I try that again. My 99' 300 seems a bit out of touch with the reality that is my rear!:banghead: The first day was a 40 mile loop and she ran great. The second was to be a "short, easy 3 miler". Hmmmm. About halfway thru that nightmare I lost my ignition (Suspect my voltage regulator, I'll dig into it later) so the leisure trip became a 3 mile push-fest thru some nasty rock/switchback/polarbear infested countryside. OK, I made that last thing up.:banghead: Great weekend anyway. Met some new people, SLR and friends, and had a good time despite the setback.

Larry

Sounds like you hooked up with the right guys, nothing says TT like getting stuck in BFE with a busted bike on an easy “3 hour tour” :ride: You ever heard of a guy that calls himself SuperSlyco?

I just relaxed and hung out on the couch watching the Olympics all weekend. :worthy:

From your description of bouncing off rocks and such, sounds like your daughter rides just like her dad!:banghead: How'd she like the Piru Creek trail? :banghead:

Funny you should mention, I actually took her around the gate just past the campground. Not sure if that’s technically upper piru yet, but next time someone asks me if it's tough I think I’ll tell them my 7 year-old daughter has been on it with a PW50 :ride:

Let some one else ride my bike and went antique shopping with the GF........it doesn't get any lower than that. At least the vicodin from my knee surgery made it somewhat tolerable:cry:

Knee surgery = take one vicodin

Antique shopping with the SO = swallow the bottle :banghead:

haha, for some reason i thought beer was a substitue for sun screen.. :D

Been there, done that :banghead:

Let some one else ride my bike and went antique shopping with the GF........it doesn't get any lower than that. At least the vicodin from my knee surgery made it somewhat tolerable:cry:

Antique shopping with the GF...?

You make it hard on the rest of us if you do stuff like that. I don't want my wife to get any crazy ideas!