Sign in to follow this  

Weekend ride

Had a nice ride on Sat ... wanted to keep things pretty easy since we were hooking up with Thumpergirl (Rachel) and her boy toy Steve on Sunday for a big ride.

First Sat ... just a couple pics of scenery.

S5001929.jpg

S5001930.jpg

S5001931.jpg

And of our lunch spot.

S5001933.jpg

S5001934.jpg

I also ended up getting a couple pics of the Dam we came across and video of it. It's pretty awesome. I didn't have time to get everything loaded on the computer last night ... so more pics and video coming of Sat ... and a TON for Sunday's ride. Including military aircraft ... with VIDEO!!

Hey Jat,

Very pretty - where were you?

I can never keep the trail names right, lol. We rode Julie Creek, Deadwood, and another trail but I can't remember the name of it. The lake photo was around the Dam somewhere. Mark may chime in with the actual location and names ... he's much better at remembering that kinda stuff.

I can never keep the trail names right, lol. We rode Julie Creek, Deadwood, and another trail but I can't remember the name of it. The lake photo was around the Dam somewhere. Mark may chime in with the actual location and names ... he's much better at remembering that kinda stuff.

Yeah, what she said. near lowman and deadwood reservoir.

Is this still at Murphy?

Ummm, not so much. Murphy area is our wintertime desert riding while we wait for the mountains in the north to melt off. This stuff is all towards mccall and stanley and stuff.

It's gorgeous! can't wait to see the rest of the pics and stuff, GLAD you had a great weekend!!!!

How far is that from Boise?

Miles. Takes over 90 mins to get to the trailhead. We only go that far to ride when we can camp overnight so we can ride both days and drink 97891237412 beers by the river relaxing.

When it gets hot I prefer to mellow out keep the speed up and ride the more open stuff. It rained here Thursday and Friday, so on Saturday we found ourselves on a new to us trail that was tight, muddy, rocky and wet wet wet! Not much fun except for the mountain lion tracks following the bear tracks:eek:

Had a great ride with Llamaface and Miss Lizardkiller. I think I spent more time on the ground than on my bike however. :) Tresa and Mark were very cool about lifting my bike off me and offering some pointers. Two of the best people you'll ever meet!

The Apache's and Blackhawk were a surprise to see! Very cool!

P8100022-1.jpg

Tresa kicking ass and taking names on a steep loose section.

P8100036-1.jpg

P8100039.jpg

Mountain Goat would be a better name for Llamaface. He makes it all look so easy!

P8100041.jpg

P8100034.jpg

P8100042.jpg

I wish I would been able to get an up close photo of the Apache's and Blackhawk. Guess I'll have to be happy with the video I got, lol. I'llt ry and get everything posted tonight ... more pix and VIDEO!! I even got video of you on Gates creek where ya got stuck on that root. Mark was being a helpfull llittle llama. :)

I did get a pic of you with the Apache but I just couldn't convince you to get closer. Something about not wanting your head lopped off by the rotors. :D It's in your chest protector thread.

And....uh.....that's ok, I don't really need to see a video of me stuck on a root. I'd like to forget that ever happened. :)

Great job everyone; nice to see pics of ID singletrack. Ah, and those trials tires I typically see in ID!!

Next weekend we're off to that area. So, from the post it seems it rained there a bit. I'd love to catch some traction when we're in ID. We usually hit the Atlanta singletrack circuit (stage near Baumgartner). We'll do that again, but also plan to hit deadwood, and also some trails in Clearwater National Forest, etc.

So the Apache huh? Any areas of large wildfires we should avoid?

Maybe, we'll see each other on those ID singletrack trails in the next few!!

A couple more pix from Sat's ride ...

Log down on Deadwood.

S5001936.jpg

S5001938.jpg

Not sure what trail this is ...

S5001940.jpg

View from same trail.

S5001941.jpg

S5001942.jpg

Mark and myself at the Dam.

SANY0087.jpg

I have video of all that water flying out but can't quite figure out how to change the size of the video. Seems the file is too big.