Sign in to follow this  

WR450 switching between cali and nevada for plating

Alright well I am still in california and plan to move to nevada in a few months. Theres an great deal on a wr450 that I really don't want to pass up. Will I have any problems registering that bike in nevada as a dirtbike and then convert it later to dual sport. Or would it be better to register it as a dual sport the first time that I register it there? Maybe it doesn't matter?:)

Register it as a Dual sport. If you're going to use it as a Dualsport it's done, good to go. You'll have more options that way.

It seems like I remember my uncle telling me that Nevada does not have any type of off road registration. I know that Nevada is more strict than Ca. as far as safety equipment goes. Ex: two mirrors, brake lights activated with both front and rear brakes. At least this is what I have been told.

It seems like I remember my uncle telling me that Nevada does not have any type of off road registration. I know that Nevada is more strict than Ca. as far as safety equipment goes. Ex: two mirrors, brake lights activated with both front and rear brakes. At least this is what I have been told.

I bought a KLX400R (off road model) in Nevada a couple of years ago. Yep no registration.Or Title.:)

I know this is an old post, but as I just did this in Nevada, I thought I would add. Nevada as stated, has no off road registration. All bikes have a title. The WR450 title will state that it is an off road bike. To plate the bike in Nevada, you will need as stated, 2 mirrors, signals, brake light activated by front, and rear brake, horn, and bike can't start w/o headlight on. Once this is done, any motorcycle dealer can certify the bike, after inspecting it. Then take this cetification to DMV, where they will do a vin inspection, and they will then issue a "reconstructed" title, which will allow you to plate the bike.