Sign in to follow this  

Drz400s

Hi there, not sure if this is the right place to post, I only joined the site today, so my apologies if it isn't.

Anyway, I'm 17 and should be getting my DRZ sometime this week, it'll be completely stock and will have to be restricted to 33bhp in order for it to be legal... which sucks. But I'm just wondering what would be the best exhaust to put on it?

Thanks a lot, Aidan.

Wow, you have to stay less than 33bhp...I'd say keep the stock exhaust on there, because any aftermarket pipe you put on it, you should re-jet, and that will just make more power.

i say find a way around the 33 hp barrier... what is the law there?? is it an age vs. power restriction??

how do they (law enforcement) check?

half the time i get pulled over they KNOW who I am and what i'm about before i open my mouth so they must be able to SENSE when i bike has 33.6 hp.. of course those problems have gone away since i quit driving the firebird. on a serious note.. i really don't think they would ever dyno a bike.. a stock bike under 33 modified to 45 should fly under the radar

the factory makes those bikes with a lower HP buy using a slide stop in the carb

on the CV carb under the black dyafame there is a little plastick stop that only lets the slide move 3/4 the way

just pull the top off the carb and with some side cutters wack that stop off

than you have a full 35 or so HP ( and the bike will be the same as the bikes in the USA )

modd from there

just don't let aney cop cketch you doing wheelys

IIRC they also use a washer type restricter in the intake, it's crazy but I saw a pic here somewhere.

i say find a way around the 33 hp barrier... what is the law there?? is it an age vs. power restriction??

For the first 2 years after passing the test, you have to have your bike under 33bhp, it sucks, but if I had an accident then they'd probably check the bike over and if it was found to be over 33bhp then my insurance would be invalid.

But yeah anyway, thanks for all the replies, I guess I'll stick to the standard pipe.