Sign in to follow this  

2008 + XT 250 stock jetting

Has anyone torn into their XT's Teikei Carb yet, to know what the stock size main jet is? Looking at the parts Fiche it states it's 135. Sound right?

I'm thinking about ordering a 140 for when I drill out the stock baffle for slightly better air flow.

So far I've found this site that offers some Teikei Jets and don't know (since I haven't torn into it yet) if it's the small or large style jet

http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/Teikei_Carburetors_and_Parts_C784.cfm

Anyone else performed the 225/250 exhaust mod? and did you have to richen her up at all?

I'm in S.E. Pa and right now (aside from being cold blooded) she runs pretty good as is.

Any info will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

James

bump!

No one's torn into their carbs yet?!

Wow! must be perfectly jetted :) or you're all too busy riding.

i think you are making the assumption that other actually have that bike.

ive never seen one in person.

I'm beginning to think that since it's a "beginners" bike that, no one is all that confident when it comes to experimenting with theirs.

Looks like I just might have to be the first so I can help others improve their bikes performance.

Thanks for the response though, Eddie! I know how busy you are.

Regardless, I've just ordered a 140 for her and a shim kit. Might even drill the slide to help improve throttle response just to see what happens.

I'm very well versed in DR650's....this is just my first small bore and with the lack of aftermarket support......looks like I'll be able to make mine pretty unique, performance wise.

I am not sure of the URL, but I think it's XT225 dot com. Yup, just checked and that's it. I would take my questions there. True XT fanatics there. Hope this helps, good luck.

Nick

i have about 6300 miles on mine got in late feb. i just drilled out my exhaust a couple of weeks ago and love everything but the sound. throttle response is amazing and seems to be a bit more peppy on the highway. haven't had it off road with he drilled mod finished but cant wait. i wanna know if the carb mods are worth it? one more thing i did not drill the one inch hole i drilled a 1.75 inch hole.