Sign in to follow this  

CT - found on google maps

Anyone know what this is?? I was using my GPS to find some fishing spots while heading up Rt8 to Riverton.. I saw this, and it appears to be an MX track of sorts...

EDIT - removed due to possibly being someone's secret spot. Sorry.

• Like 1

weird that an old landfill would have an oval track and other tracks with what appear to be whoops and doubles..

Mike - I'm thinking of taking a ride up there tomorrow after work.. It's about 20 miles from my house - straight up Rt 8.

If I can get my 50/50 tires on tonight (or at least the front one) then I will shoot straight up on my KLX250..

Where are you?

weird that an old landfill would have an oval track and other tracks with what appear to be whoops and doubles..

Look at how the only paved road goes around (What I assume to be) the top of the landfill...and the other roads just give the trucks a place to make the next dump...Upon your arrival, I'd bet $ 20.00 it's a huge mound o'crap :) It appears to be full and no longer an active landfill, which is why no machines or tractors are present.

hey hows it going? not to sound rude as there is no actual rules but it has been discussed on here before if you search the general feeling is posting illegal spots is somewhat discouraged on here...you could be blowing up somebodies riding spot. hundreds of people read this stuff over time. next thing that once hiden gem of a sandpit for those in the know has 40 people showing up every weekend instead of 5 next thing the spot is ruined by quads andthe cops are showing up all the time. imo right now the wood shop and boneyard is some of the best fishing on the farmington. :) ride safe

hey hows it going? not to sound rude as there is no actual rules but it has been discussed on here before if you search the general feeling is posting illegal spots is somewhat discouraged on here...you could be blowing up somebodies riding spot. hundreds of people read this stuff over time. next thing that once hiden gem of a sandpit for those in the know has 40 people showing up every weekend instead of 5 next thing the spot is ruined by quads andthe cops are showing up all the time. imo right now the wood shop and boneyard is some of the best fishing on the farmington. :) ride safe

You are TOTALLY correct as I have seen it happen to an amazing spot. It kills me.

haven't seen the l ink but from the descriptions it sounds like i've been there.....and like a lot of "questionable" riding areas its a no go unless you're VERY local.....also not really worth it.......often times when you're young a and dont have the means to hit the legal riding areas a place such as this is pretty damn cool........but when your skills have progressed and driving to a decent riding area is very feasible the "tolerated" areas often loose their luster.....