Sign in to follow this  

What will tree huggers come up with next?

ahahah thats teh gayest thing ever. i just say let them "ride" those electical peices aor shit.

Look on the bright side, you won't have to adjust valves:crazy:

I hope this is not what the world is coming to :D

They have already taken all the fun places to ride away :)

I would like to have one in addition to my gas bike just so I could ride some of the closer mountain bike trails that are off limits to gas bikes. It would never replace my gas bike just open up more areas I could ride it would just need to come way down in price for me to even consider it.

Steve

Seems like in a few years with a few improvements it could be a cool idea. There are obvious drawbacks to this early version but I'm not sure why people are so strongly against it.

Seems like in a few years with a few improvements it could be a cool idea. There are obvious drawbacks to this early version but I'm not sure why people are so strongly against it.

because they dont like the power, sound ,look....the rider even said its like a mountain bike(kinda)....how could you jump that thing anyway?:)

I can see this being a decent trail bike for those closed to gas bike trails, but I would never take one on MX track.

I will ride one as soon as they out perform their gas burning counterparts.

That will be a cold day in Hell (since global warming will have been stopped).

I will ride one as soon as they out perform their gas burning counterparts.

That will be a cold day in Hell (since global warming will have been stopped).

That day might be sooner than you think.

http://www.killacycle.com/

I supose you guys were up in arms about the monshock and disc brakes as well, perhaps you should be a little more receptive to progress. Electric motors produce 100% torque at 1 rpm. Talk about responsive. As soon as they are reasonbaly priced, sign me up. I would be sweet to hear my riding bro's squealing as they are getting roosted

yeah I agree, there is a lot of potential to electric motors:thumbsup: . The development needs to be in the size and wieght of the batteries:prof: . And it is not just torque, the power can be regulated by computer control giving optium power where it counts:applause: . It depends in the wiring of the motor, one shines in torque another is more speed (HP) and then there is a cross. I would be surprised if these don't dominate the tracks within the next decade of so. Not to mention things like H2 cells offer a lot more energy with a lot less volume/weight. Cool idea if you can A) AFFORD THE DAMN THING and :D fits the limitations in your area. It would sure be a lot of fun riding around bike trails and the like (all alone even). Yeah I am shocked at the fear of alternatives coming to the surface. If its better, who cares. :) the sound and the oil companies... Now I can listen to my IPod and justify solar power:p , Plus at 140lbs (remember this company does not have the R&D budget of the big 5) the bike lower power seems more manageable. What is the power to wieght ratio of current bikes in that weight class?

It's a good start but there is a few things I don't like.

1. You can only go 40 miles on a charge and take 2 or so hours to charge it up again. I can go at least 70 on my bike and then I can just throw some more gas in and go.

2. The bike is ugly as sin. I love the way my Honda looks. This thing is just down right ugly

3. Yes it's light and all but it's been said and I believe it that it feels like a mountain bike when you ride it. I want to feel like I am on a motorcycle. The feeling of putting 200+ pounds in the air is a rush and I don't think it would be the same on that bike.

There are some pluses though

1. You can now ride in areas that don't allow gas bikes

2. More nimble in tight trails.

3. Probably not a bad bike for freestyle since it's so light.

Just my .02

The article says the mfg are from santa cruz, isn't that the tree :) hugging capitol of the universe?

Electric dirt bikes and cars before you know it, we will have electric/solar air planes

and maybe trains. because we all know noise is a Gross polluter too.

I would like to test drive one!!! However, not a replaement for my fossil fuel bikes because when I ride, I usually put on 120 miles+ a day.