Sign in to follow this  

kx65 too big?

I am trying to sell my 06 offbrand 125 for stroke and so far nobody wants to pay $1000 for it. I know that might seem overpriced, but there are a few aftermarket parts on it. I had the idea of maybe trading it for a smaller bike and giving that smaller bike to my little brother and sister to get them started in the sport! I have found a couple 65 2ts around where I live (most of them are 03+ selling for $1000 obo). My question is, would a 65 be too big for my brother and sister since they have never ridden before? I don't think size is a factor, because my brother is the smallest of the two and he is 4'3" and 60lbs. So, what do you guys think, should I try to trade for a smaller bike or just keep trying to sell my bike?

yeh probaly can ride one but he will kill him self. get him a 4 stroke CRF100 CR80f then you get him a 65 or a 85 after he gets exprienced

Those chinese bikes are tough to sell. I had a SUNL 210 perfect condition a couple months old that I paid $1200 from the dealer down the street, I ended up having to sell it for $400.. I still talk to the kid who bought it, he has had it for around 2 years, still running flawlessly. I agree with Daniel, get him a 4 stroke. CRF100, maybe even a TTR125.

I am trying to sell my 06 offbrand 125 for stroke and so far nobody wants to pay $1000 for it. I know that might seem overpriced, but there are a few aftermarket parts on it. I had the idea of maybe trading it for a smaller bike and giving that smaller bike to my little brother and sister to get them started in the sport! I have found a couple 65 2ts around where I live (most of them are 03+ selling for $1000 obo). My question is, would a 65 be too big for my brother and sister since they have never ridden before? I don't think size is a factor, because my brother is the smallest of the two and he is 4'3" and 60lbs. So, what do you guys think, should I try to trade for a smaller bike or just keep trying to sell my bike?

1k isnt to bad but aftermarker parts dont make it worth anything more:thumbsdn: thats why its best to put the stock stuff back on then sell the aftermarket seperate you make more $$

Would something like a crf50 be too small for them? I wish I could find a ttr110 with the magic button, key ignition, and all that other cool stuff, but that is a long shot. There seem to be a lot of crf50's for less than $1000.