Sign in to follow this  

Handlebar Mounted Water Bottle

Many years ago I had a water bottle that mounted to my handlebar's cross-bar, but I can't seem to find them anywhere. It had a mount that attached to the cross-bar, that fit into a depression in the bottle (which was somewhat square shaped), with a velcro fastener that secured it to the mount. Does anyone know where I can find one of these?

I still have one of those. It's a hard squarish white bottle that fits onto a gold bracket that is attached to the handlebar cross bar. The water bottle is secured to the holder with a narrow black nylon strap that has Velcro on the end. I just checked mine out and there wasn't any name on it, so I can't help you there. I would bet they went out of business after the Camelbak water systems became popular.

ive seen these advertised recently ill try find the site again.

Below is a picture of one and they are called Maier Enduro Jugs. I haven't been able to find them online except for a replacement hose and and replacement strap. My bottle is white.

p4053124.jpg

I looked a few years ago and I think they still make a blue, square shaped one quart, but not the long ones like in the picture above.

I just took mine off and replaced it with a camelback. I highly recommend the backpack hydration pack over the bottle!