Sign in to follow this  

need help with my 1996 yz125

Ive been looking all over the net trying the find some performance upgrades. Ive been looking for a jet kit and a good pipe and silencer combo for trail riding and maybe a little drag racing. I also need some help with finding a good set of clutches. Just did the top end about 10 hours or so ago and put in a lighter piston and so power reeds. Every thing else is still stock. So any help anyone can give me would be a great.:):D

you couldnt go wrong with a full FMF system or Pro Circuit exhaust. go to FMF`s website and you can find out what kind of power delivery each pipe gives.

if your trail riding a fly wheel weight would be good

Thanks for the info. I am looking at buying a FMF system right now, but I really need to know if I need to rejett it after doing so to get the full benafit of the exhaust system.

You will need to rejet for the full Fmf system after insallation. Not to get "full benefit but to avoid "BOGGGG*BRAAAAAAPPP*BOG*BOG*BOG*BRAPBRAPPPPPPPBRA**BOG"

because without proper air fuel mixture, thats exactly what that YZ will sound like. 👍

Thanks for the the help. I was wondering if a jet kit for a 97 yz125 will work on my 96. Ive looked all over the web and cant find any jet kits for a 96 but I have found a kit for 97-99. Its also the same when I look for big bore kits. I have found an athena cylinder kit but nothing else in performance parts except for exhaust systems:confused: .