Sign in to follow this  

Anyone Installed A QuickShot Or Other AP Cover?

I just picked up an unused Boyesen QuickShot (not 2) from my brother on the cheap. I'm not at home, so I can't look at my bike right now, but is that something that can be installed without having to tear the bike apart or do I still have to raise the subframe and turn or remove the carb?

If I can do it without tearing the bike down, I'll do it this week, otherwise I'll wait until the next time I'm tearing the bike apart.

Thanks!

you have to turn the carb. and on top of that the screws are difficult to get out, they are soft. but once you remove them buy new stainless or hardened allen screws for the future.

It will be much easier for you if you remove the carb. those screws are just like the bowl screws and will strip easy. Make sure to get some allen crews to replace them and make your job much easier in the future (do the same for the bowl while your at it). Not sure on the sizing anymore, but check Rick Ramsey's site, I think they are on there.

I bought the JD Jettting Kit, and it comes with an O-ring that you wrap around the pump linkage. To say the least, it works like an absolute charm. I decided to run the thicker ring (two in a pack). I had my brother's 250X jetted in about a half hour, but spent another hour trying to get that :) O-ring on!!! lol Try picking up a dental pick at Wal Mart, this helps as I've heard, and it definately beats my tooth pick in a pair of needle nose plyers method! I would definately consider taking the O-rings down to your local hardware/automotive store and getting several more in the same size as you have decided to use. As you will probably drop it at least once.

With the JD Kit you need to open up your airbox, remove the backfire screen, and either get a slip on or full exhuast or modify your baffle in your stocker. You can't run it without doing the exhaust mod at the least.

Good Luck

And RIDE ON!!!