Sign in to follow this  

08 530 excr Blowing Oil, Hard to Start NO MORE!!!

OK fellas here’s the deal. I picked up my 530 on Saturday morning after the cam was replaced and the oil seal was replaced in the correct direction. I must admit that I was skeptical since it was in the shop for the first two month that I owned it. But I went ahead a brought the helmet to ride her home. When I got to the dealer we fired it up and let it warm up fully. Shut it down and let it sit for about 5 minutes and then tried to fire it back up and to my surprise she started right up. I promptly donned the riding gear and took it for a spin, again to my surprise it ran flawlessly and restarted every time I tried and I made it a point to start it when ever possible. After putting on about 60 miles I took it home and promptly tore it apart. I changed the rear gearing 14/52, installed the JD jet kit, removed the smog, put on the silencer added the radiator reservoir skid plate etc… On Sunday Afternoon I fired it up and took it for a spin and to my surprise I could not keep the front end on the ground even in 4th gear! The throttle response is fantastic and it never stops pulling from the first crack of the throttle to the top of the power band. Once the starting issue (the cam being replaced), the oil blowing out (replaced seal) was corrected and after flowing all the directions form Dave Hopkins and the rest of the suppliers of good information (see KTM RFS/RC4 Stroke FAQ-07-24-08--Added ULEWZ Fan mod) I must admit this is the best bike I have ever ridden in 45 years of ridding. So don’t give up KTM will help if you are having difficulties well they did for me:banana:

THANKS TO EVERYONE HERE AT “TT” THAT HELPED ME GET THIS RIGHT

KTM MIGHT NOT BE YOUR FIRST BUT IT WILL BE YOUR LAST!!!

Glad your bike's back and happy, eh!

I'm fine on the oil issue - but wonder if I have the cam/hard-hot-starting issue.

Oh well, I'll figure it out. I still love the heck out of my bike....it's the best I've ever owned.

Cheers! E-Ticket

Excellent

What's "excellent"...?

Oh, it's "Super Dave" ... so you're excellent! :)

E-Ticket

I think he is mimicking burns from the simpsons, and congratulating him on having a fixed bike

Yup! And that would be an "...ex-cell-ants, Smithers..." accompanied by a smarmy hand-roll. <grin>