Sign in to follow this  

need front suspension help

hey guys i bought an 06 yz250f coming from a 125 2 stroke and i love it, the motor always is in powerband(exhaust,boy accel pump)

the guy i bought the bike off of told me i might need to go back to the stock springs, the ones in their now says 4.4 on the factory connection bag which are in their now. i have the stock springs

what are the stock springs, are they stiffer than 4.4 because now it feels like the front bounces alot, i literally bounce when flatgrounding off of jumps.

my weight is 185

also if possible can someone direct me on a HOW TO to change my front springs

thank you

I know the 05s had 0.44s in them. The 06s were probably stiffer.

Check out Race Tech's site. They should be able to tell you what the stock rate is as well as what the rate should be for your weight.

if your bike is bouncing it can be fixed with a simple clicker adjustment. try turning your rebound 1 click to harder. if you see an improvment your in the right direction if it gets worse try 1 click softer.

I had my bike revlaved and sprung by ENZO. They put .46 in the front and I weigh 190lb.

you can run .46's with low oil heigth or .45's with high oil level. I chose .45's for my 185lbs. because the front dove a little better allowing me to take the inside line easier than the .46's. I really had to make sure I was on the tank with the .46's and if not ALL THE WAY FORWARD it wouldn't hold the line. High oil level kept the bottoming away.