Sign in to follow this  

Fuelscrew

Hi! Can anyone tell me if i can fit a extended keintech fcr fuelscrew to a older slant style Fcr? wonder because Zip Ty has 2 styles one for older and one for new.

Yes, it will fit. Get the Kientech, do not get the ZipTy.
Thanx William1!! Forgott to say that the carb is from a Yz400f 98-99. Thanx for the quick reply!!

I am unable to view the web page. So I really cannot say.

Really depends. A lot of the alloy ones available here cause headaches. In the UK, there is a comapny called 'Stealth' a few reputable TTers have used it with good results.

Hey William, What's wrong with the ZipTY screw? i bought one that was supposedly from MSR but there was a decal in the package that says ZipTy. What gives? Thanksagain for all your help.

tom

The alloy screws do not have the same tip as a stock screw. For some reason (I am no machinist) they have a slight taper. Between the alloy being so soft and the the tip being tapered, two things occur. First, since the tip is not the same as a stock tip, it throws off the pilot circuit, making it too rich. Users have had to compensate by going one or more jet sizes down. I am not a fan of smaller jets. The smaller the jet, the more of a negative effect any debris has. Finally, having a taper on the tip means it is more likely to get wedged in the seat and seize. When you try to remove one that this has happened to, the tip can break off, possibly permanently damaging your carb.

Thanks William, i'll order up a Kientech RCE screw. It's funny, i tried Eddies pilot circuit test, and thought it funny that i couldn't kill the bike by closing the fuel screw even with a 40 pilot. it makes perfect sense now.

Thanks again. Between you and Eddie, my bike is really gettintg dialed in now and oh boy, what fun!:)