Sign in to follow this  

Drz 400 sm k6 how do i tweak it

Hi just bought a DRZ 400 SM K6 i . I love it best giggle ive had on a bike for years and believe me iv had plenty of bikes. anyway whats the best way to get some extra horses out the mill .. exhaust rejet air box ect im not an expert ...can anyone help please.

Cheers

Boomer

Scotland

Hey Boomer

This comes up in threads quite alot --> the quest for power.

Anyway, the search function will provide you with more information than you care for.

If you're still uncertain, start with posting up how much $$$ you want to spend, riding style, hp you think you need/want etc, then I'm sure we'll be able to send you in the right direction.

Enjoy !! :)

Cheers maybe spend $800 or so at the moment then later who knows

he he new to Thumpertalk will take time to work out how to use it

im old and not great with computers .

In fact i should know better than to buy a hoodlums bike like the DRZ

and ride my cruiser ..but the wee DRZ is 10 times the fun

For $800 or so, I think most will agree the way to go is the TT FCR-MX and an open core aftermarket pipe.

This together with the 3x3 mod will give you a noticeable increase that should keep you happy for quite a while. :)

if you want up to 45hp, 3x3, 39mm FCR, Yosh Rs2 or Akrapovic EVO and E model cams is enough, more than 45hp, you'll be looking at Yosh Ti, bigbores and or stroker crank, 41mm FCR, RHC valves and Hot Cams.

Get the Yoshi rs2 or TRC ti not Akra , if you see how Yoshi is flowing instead of Akra you'll see what i mean ...

Yeah i got an Akra but unfortunately it came with the bike...

The Akra is fine up to 45hp if you get the full system, the slip-on isn't as good. The full system is designed a a unit.