Sign in to follow this  

Asking Price

Hey guys,

I'm looking at selling my 06 450f to upgrade to a new one. Was wondering what everyone thinks I should ask/get for it. Located in central NJ, normal wear, FMF powerbomb head pipe and carbon fiber muffler that cost me $900 alone, ASV levers other than that its pretty much stock. Thanks for the help

If I were you I would take the pipe off and sell it seperatly. Most people won't pay one cent for aftermarket parts that are already on the bike. Depending on the condition of the bike, I would say $3,500 - $ 4,500. If the plastic is scratched, replace it. Clean it up, make it look new again and you could probably get more. Always start high with your asking price.

Hope I helped.

Do you have any pics?? that would help judge a decent starting price

I just went through this as I just bought another bike. For an 06 you are looking at around 3k, for an 07 around $3,500 to $3,800 and for an 08 around 4k to $4,500 all depending on condition and age.

There are plenty of examples out there of bikes in this price range. The pipe will do very little for the price, the others are right about selling it separately.

Used bike market is in the tank right now, Every bike I have seen outside those prices, no matter the brand, is not selling.

yeah i bought my 06 for 3500 in january and it stacked to the hill with aftermarket parts.

Suppose it depends on where you live. $3,400 was the lowest price I could find for quite awhile with most being in the $4000 range. I jumped on mine immediately when I found one for $2700 w/50hrs on it. 07's were over $4k and 08's were listed over $5k. Not sure if any of those sold but that was my market when I was looking in May/June 08.

Suppose it depends on where you live. $3,400 was the lowest price I could find for quite awhile with most being in the $4000 range. I jumped on mine immediately when I found one for $2700 w/50hrs on it. 07's were over $4k and 08's were listed over $5k. Not sure if any of those sold but that was my market when I was looking in May/June 08.

You should know that Cali is another Country. What you guy's pay out there is completely different than what they sell for here in the Midwest and East.

Here is an 08 listed near him right now on TT for $4,200.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=41460&cat=3

FOR SALE: 08 KX450F IN EXCELLENT CONDITION. 20 HRS. OWNED BY A SENIOR RIDER. MAINTAINED PROPERLY. WORKS CONNECTION SKID PLATE, DID GOLD CHAIN AND N-STYLE FULL GRAPHIX. HAVE PICS. $4200 CALL 610-298-2734 OR E-MAIL maicofred@aol.com

Location (City, State) NEW TRIPOLI,PA

Will Ship? NO

Contact Phone (Optional) 610-298-2734

I don't know how you Cali guy's pay the prices you have to. I would have to take a trip out of State when it came time to buy. The only place I have heard of paying more are some places up in Canada.

We definately have it lucky here in the Midwest. Unless you bought the bike new, then you're not so lucky.

I bought this bike 4months ago for $4,000 and I added the black wheels and graphics also the suspension. I think I should atleast get what I paid for the bike, what do you guys think?

17f3_3.jpg

I bought this bike 4months ago for $4,000 and I added the black wheels and graphics also the suspension. I think I should atleast get what I paid for the bike, what do you guys think?

It's not a matter of what the guy's here think. It's a matter of what your local market is and how bad you want to sell it. If you've read this thread, it should be fairly obvious that the value and market for these bikes varies greatly by where you are located and local market conditions.

If you live in the Midwest for instance and price your bike on what people in Cali are selling for, all I can say is I hope you like your bike because you will have it for a while.

That guy is full of you know what! The tires are dirty and worn, the chain is dirty, it has new plastic, but that is far as "new" goes on that bike....

LOL this is funny that guys not too full of shi!t ! That is my bike that I had for sale. It is a brand new kx450f 06 I purchased it at the Vacaville Yamaha dealer the second week in July 2008. They had it sitting on their lot since 06. I had been keeping an eye on it and they needed to get rid of it to order their 09's so I offered them 4k cash for it out the door and incl. tax and reg. and they took it. I rode it 1/2 mile on my street and 100 feet in a dirt lot.

I then looked at what I could sell it for and gave it a shot. A week later I decided to take it out and ride it and now I can say that I am damn glad I did not get rid of it!! Awesome bike, I absolutely love it and at 4k brand new I cant complain!

The plastics are faded slightly from sitting out in the sun at the dealer so that is really all that I want to change on it, maybe a graphics kit and a longer shifter peddle as I have large feet and my foot gets caught under the shifter.

LOL this is funny that guys not too full of shi!t ! That is my bike that I had for sale. It is a brand new kx450f 06 I purchased it at the Vacaville Yamaha dealer the second week in July 2008. They had it sitting on their lot since 06. I had been keeping an eye on it and they needed to get rid of it to order their 09's so I offered them 4k cash for it out the door and incl. tax and reg. and they took it. I rode it 1/2 mile on my street and 100 feet in a dirt lot.

What? You mean random guys posting stuff on the internet can be wrong? :worthy:

Who would have thought? 👍

been looking at bike prices online and cali is not any higher than anywhere else, in some cases cheaper!........07 kx450 in good cond 3k have seen the same bike in NY, PA, FL for 4-5k the economy here in ca is forcing guys to sell their toys for cheap.

been looking at bike prices online and cali is not any higher than anywhere else, in some cases cheaper!........07 kx450 in good cond 3k have seen the same bike in NY, PA, FL for 4-5k the economy here in ca is forcing guys to sell their toys for cheap.

I agree. I'm looking into puchasing an 07 in SoCal and I live in Michigan.