Sign in to follow this  

exhaust dr650

The FMF Q2 is probably the most popular. Lots of people run them and seem to be happy with the performance and sound. The Supertrapp IDS2 is also quite popular mainly because they are so cheap. Some people like them, others don't. I had one before my Gixxer can and it worked fine, but it was LOUD!

If you're riding street only, you might also want to look into a Staintune. It only comes as a full system so it's rather pricey at about $600, but they do sound great and never need repacking. They are currently not USFS approved as far as I know so that's the only downfall.

If you're riding street only, you might also want to look into a Staintune. It only comes as a full system so it's rather pricey at about $600, but they do sound great and never need repacking. They are currently not USFS approved as far as I know so that's the only downfall.

umm I see a problem with that statement. Staintune is an australian company so they may be an exotic pipe in the US and other countries but why is it a street only pipe? Pretty much every offroad bike with an aftermarket pipe here is running a staintune or at least that was the case 10 years ago. Definately not street only

And you can buy the can and header pipe seperately, but if they are a different diameter to stock well theres your problem

umm I see a problem with that statement. Staintune is an australian company so they may be an exotic pipe in the US and other countries but why is it a street only pipe?

Because as he stated the Staintune is not USFS approved.

umm I see a problem with that statement. Staintune is an australian company so they may be an exotic pipe in the US and other countries but why is it a street only pipe? Pretty much every offroad bike with an aftermarket pipe here is running a staintune or at least that was the case 10 years ago. Definately not street only

And you can buy the can and header pipe seperately, but if they are a different diameter to stock well theres your problem

Well it may not be a street only pipe but it is just too pretty to take off road. You Australians sure do make a great pipe though IMHO.:)

While I have absolutely no doubt as to the safety and "spark arrestiveness" (is that a word?) of the Staintune pipe, the fact that it is not currently USFS approved makes it illegal to use off road in the US. If you get caught riding off road with one by an officer who knows what they are looking for, you will get in trouble. Once that little stamp is on there, it's all good. It's sad but true.

While I have absolutely no doubt as to the safety and "spark arrestiveness" (is that a word?) of the Staintune pipe, the fact that it is not currently USFS approved makes it illegal to use off road in the US. If you get caught riding off road with one by an officer who knows what they are looking for, you will get in trouble. Once that little stamp is on there, it's all good. It's sad but true.

ah ok... thats kinda wierd though. Over here its the opposite you can use whatever pipe you want offroad butyou need one thats at or under 96db to ride onroad