Sign in to follow this  

question for eddie or anybody who can help

my elevation is 365 i live in upstate ny i have a 1997 honda cr80 with a pc platinum head pipe r304 shorty silencer and boysen pro series reeds im mixing it at 40:1 with klotz supertechniplate the needle is clipped in the second position i have in a 122 main and a 55 pilot the air screw is 1 1/2 turns out, but my bike has no over rev it breaks up even after being cleared out is this normal? here is a link to what my bike does but its not my bike. thanks for any help. btw i got the jetting specs from pro circuit's website

so its slowly gotten worse?or it was sudden?

well .... my bike never had over rev like it should. the bike has always ran the same except when my neighbor adjusted the air screw 3/4 turns out but my dad fixed that so it runs the same as it has if you would like ill ride it tommorrow and i'll post a vid of what it does after its warm and cleared out.

PLEASSSEEE help me diagnose the problem:worthy: :)

so its slowly gotten worse?or it was sudden?
ever repacked the silencer? i would check to make sure the perforated core isnt broken.

no the silencer is only about 2 weeks old i checked the packing about a week ago and everything looks great!:)

lean the main jet 2 sizes and see if the issue improves.

okay i have the 120 in i went out to the track and rev's out much more but it breaks up only a little bit now should i leave it alone or should i go to a 118? and do you have any reccomendations for the air screw adjustment clip position and pilot jet? cuz i have a race coming up soon and i want to have her tuned!👍