Sign in to follow this  

Jetting

Hey need some help. I've read the info on the power up kit and I'm going to have a guy do my son's bike. I'm reading that a 132 main and 45 pilot are the common answers but what about the needle jet? does it need to be replaced or not? Thanks

BTW I am also doing the exhaust baffles and air box mod as well.

120 MJ , 45 pilot , stock needle raised one is good starting point with baffles removed.

132MJ is way fat. It will run "ok" but be fat on top.

Needle jet stays the same.

What year bike? What elevation?

Hey need some help. I've read the info on the power up kit and I'm going to have a guy do my son's bike. I'm reading that a 132 main and 45 pilot are the common answers but what about the needle jet? does it need to be replaced or not? Thanks

BTW I am also doing the exhaust baffles and air box mod as well.

I think another misunderstanding in terminology here,.....I think you are refering to the jet needle, and as Toast mentioned above can remain stock,.....just move the clip one position as as he explained, by moving the clip DOWN one position=RAISING the jet needle up. The needle jet you mention in your post is the brass orifice that the jet needle goes inside of,.....and that does not need to be changed. (jet needle=tapered part/needle jet=brass orifice)

Hope this in some way helps you out....Tech25