Sign in to follow this  

An afternoon well spent......

Took the scoot out for a few runs up and down a few hills, averted disaster a few times, overshot a few berms and bushwhacked my way through the scrub brush a couple times, got the engine nice and toasty then got home and changed the oil.

Sat in the garage afterwards and contemplated washing it, but decided against it, and instead pulled out a few rifles and cleaned them instead.

I wish more days were like this.............

I am sooo jealous. The only thing better was if you had strapped a rifle on your back and got it dirty as well out there in the desert..trigger time always produces a calming affect.

The U.S.-made 7.62x54R doesn't sound so expensive when I see what the .50 eats. :)

That's no joke.

I'm actually talking about my .500 S&W. I may not take it though with my hand still a little sensitive..

I knew you guyz were alright!

I have a 50 BMG. I still have a little ammo left that cost me $2 a round. Too bad ammo prices are CRAZY, the cheapest stuff out there is $4/round.

sounds like lotsa fun there John LOL so wheres some pics of ya sitting in the garage??

sounds like lotsa fun there John LOL so wheres some pics of ya sitting in the garage??

Snapped this one in the backyard. :)

dscf0034eg3.jpg

Lookin' forward to the weather cooling down to get some longer rides in.

...is that a full Yosh system (exhaust, midpipe & header)???

i can't recall seeing one for the XR600 or L...looks gud :) where did u find it?

TIA

kenny

i can't recall seeing one for the XR600 or L...looks gud :) where did u find it?

TIA

kenny

Yeah, it's a Yosh system. It's a two piece, header and tail section only.

It wasn't offered to the public though. This was a special one-off design hand crafted by Don Sakakura himself with assistance from his brother Masuda who is a metallurgist that specializes in exotic metals fabrication through the Japanese government.

The material is a proprietary blend of Titanium, Iridium, Tantalum, and Silver.

After extensive testing by the Yoshimura Race Team, Mr. Sakakura felt it irresponsible to make this system available to the general public due to the outrageous power increase it produced, and the only two systems fabricated were locked away in a storeroom above the production floor of the facility.

When Yosh' moved it's headquarters to their new location a few years ago, my uncle Tito was hired to help move product, and they offered him some of the stuff that they had piled in the "junk room" in exchange for payment.

Two of the items he scored were these super trick exhaust systems, which he offered to me in exchange for a twelver of Coronas.

So I've got one on my bike, and I gave the second set to HeadTrauma for his bike because he had some questionable photos of me in a vinyl pool filled with jello and a couple of midget hookers.

He was threatening to mail the photos to my mom and wife, so I figured it would be best to break him off a little somethin'-somethin' to keep the peace with my wifey.

So to make a long story short, I doubt that you'll find a similar exhaust system anywhere.

• Like 1

It wasn't offered to the public though. This was a special one-off design hand crafted by Don Sakakura himself with assistance from his brother Masuda who is a metallurgist that specializes in exotic metals fabrication through the Japanese government.

After extensive testing by the Yoshimura Race Team, Mr. Sakakura felt it irresponsible to make this system available to the general public due to the outrageous power increase it produced, and the only two systems fabricated were locked away in a storeroom above the production floor of the facility.

When Yosh' moved it's headquarters to their new location a few years ago, my uncle Tito was hired to help move product, and they offered him some of the stuff that they had piled in the "junk room" in exchange for payment.

Two of the items he scored were these super trick exhaust systems, which he offered to me in exchange for a twelver of Coronas.

So I've got one on my bike, and I gave the second set to HeadTrauma for his bike because he had some questionable photos of me in a vinyl pool filled with jello and a couple of midget hookers.

He was threatening to mail the photos to my mom and wife, so I figured it would be best to break him off a little somethin'-somethin' to keep the peace with my wifey.

So to make a long story short, I doubt that you'll find a similar exhaust system anywhere.

Talk about unobtanium!!:)

I didn't realize how rare your exhaust is!

BTW John, my new .500 S&W is a sweet piece.

That S&W 500 looks like a mean piece of equipment. Did ya get the 4" or 8-3/8" barrel? I can't even imagine what the felt recoil would be like with a 4" barrel, it might be manageable with about a five pound under lug!

I can just imagine someone breaking into your garage one night and staring down the barrel of that monster. :D:worthy::ride:

We need to hook up for another camp-out sometime and bring out all the boom sticks. I'll bet that 500 has some serious muzzle flash at night, I've got a Mosin Nagant M44 that lights up the night like a Howitzer. :)

schweeeet...

...the SuperTrapp race the PO put on my scooter is just Aluminium & Stainless Steel...:D

:)

You guys are alright:worthy:

A few weeks ago a bunch of us headed to the hills and put on the 26th annual Stagger event. There is a real reason for the name Stagger but I won't go into it here...should be obvious though:crazy:

Anyway I rode my friends TW200 all over there and really missed my pig. Ain't nothing better than a 650R.:D

Here's the bigger hammer stuff from Stagger. I sure do like my .50's

Enjoy...:)

That S&W 500 looks like a mean piece of equipment. Did ya get the 4" or 8-3/8" barrel? I can't even imagine what the felt recoil would be like with a 4" barrel, it might be manageable with about a five pound under lug!

I can just imagine someone breaking into your garage one night and staring down the barrel of that monster. :D:worthy::ride:

We need to hook up for another camp-out sometime and bring out all the boom sticks. I'll bet that 500 has some serious muzzle flash at night, I've got a Mosin Nagant M44 that lights up the night like a Howitzer. :)

Quite honestly I recently inherited one with a 4" and one with the 8 3/8" barrel. The longer one was what I used today. I was using home loads, LRNFP 370 gr., 16 gr. of TightGroup powder. 1300 FPS. Seems a fairly light target load. A light target load in these animals is NO LIGHT LOAD!:banghead:

I was pissed cause I was shooting at a target at 100yds, and the friggen scope mirror cracked on my second shot!!

Yeah bring the big boys out! I haven't even bothered with the Casull yet....

Martinfan30,

Believe it or not, Ranger Rick of Alaska sells 700gr lead projectiles for the S&W 500:eek:

Oh yeah, check out my video links above...I think you'll like 'em!

You guys are alright:worthy:

A few weeks ago a bunch of us headed to the hills and put on the 26th annual Stagger event. There is a real reason for the name Stagger but I won't go into it here...should be obvious though:crazy:

Anyway I rode my friends TW200 all over there and really missed my pig. Ain't nothing better than a 650R.:ride:

Here's the bigger hammer stuff from Stagger. I sure do like my .50's

Enjoy...:)

Wow, amazing stuff in those videos? Is that someone's private land?

You guys are my kind of people!:D

The best country in the world!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead::ride:

I want to go!!!!!!:worthy:

C'mon, I've posted pics of my bike before.....I have the other prototype Yoshi system. :D

XR600-1.jpg

C'mon, I've posted pics of my bike before.....I have the other prototype Yoshi system. :worthy:

XR600-1.jpg

...yup, ever chance u can :ride:

...maybe his bike is more memorable? :)

Splooge PM'd me and after wut he wrote i'm not sure ur worthy of that pipe...$100 and i'll take it off ur hands, u can throw in the shipping.

wut chu got against midget hookers anyway?!?

:D