Sign in to follow this  

Salida info

My son qualified for the state fair in shooting sports and we will be coming back from Pueblo on the 17th. We were thinking of hauling the bikes down and riding in the Salida area. He is 12 and has a TTR 125, been riding since he was 4. I did find some maps on Stay the trail, on Four Mile and Texas Creek. Do you need to have plates or just and OHV sticker. Single track to fire roads, just want to ride somewhere new but not alot of time to explore. Any info and directions would be appreciated. THANKS

You don't need a plate unless you're going to be on the pavement. OHV sticker and a spark arrestor and you're good to go.

If you don't have a lot of time to "explore" then be sure to pick up a map of the areas you plan to ride. The cafe at Texas Creek had maps last time I was there.

There's also the Rainbow trail and the eastern part of the Sargents area out of the Shirley site that is very close to Salida.

Correct. If you don't have a plate, no matter what state you're from, you have to have a OHV sticker. Colorado residents get a resident sticker and non- residents get a non-resident sticker.