Sign in to follow this  

Hello

Hey everybody, I was a newbie (still am) to riding last year and met a few of you this past fall and fell off the planet this past September. I had a little bit of a wreck and fractured the top of my humerus and haven't been on the bike much since then. I had been working hard to get back into shape and in good health and finally went riding this weekend. I wasn't on the trail for more than 15 minutes when I lost a battle with a deep mud puddle and ended up tweaking my ankle. I rode for the rest of the day and just found out today that I have a fracture of my fight fibula. I seem to have a talent for hurting myself. I love this sport/hobby and don't plan on goving it up any time soon so, I am going to get healthy and keep with it, as I always have a blast when I am riding. Good stuff.

Anybody know of any good ways of maintaining skills while on the injured/disabled list? This time I plan on staying a little more connected.

Have a good one,

Che

Hey man. You certainly did disappear! Sorry to hear about your injuries. I'm about 90% recovered from a badly sprained ankle myself. Can't think of a more fun way to hurt myself than riding!

Well, I had a blast and really enjoyed riding even though I was injured. My wife, Eva, just rolled her as at me as she peeked at my laptop and discovered that I was looking at a new bike. She is in need of an upgrade, as well. She is a real champ when it comes to covering some tough terrain. She may go a bit slow (we never tackle anything too tough), but she goes over some rocky, bumpy, rutted out, muddy and wet stuff. She always impresses me. I saw her manage some stuff that I was feeling pretty sketchy about. She's all upset about me hurting myself because it cuts into her riding time.