Sign in to follow this  

RMZ450 vibration problems

For my post, i'd like to say thanks for Thumpertalk! I've been reading posts and getting advice for awhile now and it's been very helpful. I didn't find much on vibration problems however.

I have a 2005 rmz450 and never had a vibration problem but after riding the other day, it got so bad i couldn't feel my hands after only 10 mins of riding. Motor mounts are fine.. what else could it be? I should also say its A LOT harder to kick over than it used to be. I have a bad feeling about what it could be, but i thought i'd post it up here first.

Thanks!

On a car I would say the balancer is outa wack but on a bike.......maybe something similar?

Will

On the hard starting it's probably the valves.I had an 05 rmz 450 done this year.On the vibration it could be the bottom end getting loose.If it blows- very expensive. P.S. My son just put a con rod through the front cases on his 07 rmz 450. It had a ton of hours and has been great(two seasons of int.mx 1 and pro-am racing) but we left it a bit too long while waiting for the Canadian 09's to come in.I'd get new bearings,rod and piston if you're going to keep it.

Thanks, i'm lookin' at getting a crank kit and probably a new top end as well while i'm at it. I was talking to a buddy the other day here and his 07 went as well (rmz250) and it had started to vibrate badly as well, but he kept riding it and ended up replacing basically the whole motor. It sucks coz i just got it, but thats the way it goes sometimes!

could be several things...how many hrs are on it?

Crank bearings are usually the culprit or other bearings

sell it quick before it cost a ton to fix....

beware of used 4strokes....there are tons of them out there with less than 10% that are maintained correctly......:)

I have no idea how many hours are on it, i bought it used. Its in fairly good condition though, and like we all know, you never know what you get buying used so i'll just probably fix it. I'm already fixin' up a kx125 that im selling anyway. I'll be taking it apart this weekend to find out what all i need. Thanks again guys.