Sign in to follow this  

Exhausting question

Ok,

Have to ask, considering I'm going all out with a 470 kit on my bike.

I've got the E model with a FMF Power Core 4 slip-on to the E header.

I've read a lot of bad press about slip-on's but I'm guessing this could be related to the S / SM models...

Are all slip-ons the same, mine joins the E header and there's no step down and to me the E header looks pretty good, the Power Bomb header connects straight to the FMF can so surely this slip has no issues?

I just seeing if it's worth selling this and 'upgrading' to a Yosh Ti system...or keep the FMF, or keep the FMF and get the Power Bomb?

BTW is this the Yosh TI? Click

Opinions / Views / Suggestions all welcomed..

The E header does flow better than the S/SM header, but not nearly as well as a Yoshimura header/full system. The Powerbomb header is the same diameter as the E header, which doesn't flow as well as a Yoshimura header. W/ the mods. you are planning, a full system would really help get the most out of your engine. Yes, that's the titanium system.

Ok,

Have to ask, considering I'm going all out with a 470 kit on my bike.

I've got the E model with a FMF Power Core 4 slip-on to the E header.

I've read a lot of bad press about slip-on's but I'm guessing this could be related to the S / SM models...

Are all slip-ons the same, mine joins the E header and there's no step down and to me the E header looks pretty good, the Power Bomb header connects straight to the FMF can so surely this slip has no issues?

I just seeing if it's worth selling this and 'upgrading' to a Yosh Ti system...or keep the FMF, or keep the FMF and get the Power Bomb?

BTW is this the Yosh TI? Click

Opinions / Views / Suggestions all welcomed..

Hi Savage, :worthy:

You're right... the bad press only applies to slipons that are made to fit the smaller 38mm S/SM headers.

Your 41mm E header is pretty good, and an FMF Powercore slip on that is made to fit it isn't restrictive, so you already have a darn good exhaust system without putting out a lot of money.

While I've never run a Yosh, I'm sure others here will can you from their own experience that they are the best for top end power. They're also tops in price so you get what you pay for, but there's always avid buyers for used exhaust systems to mitigate the cost.

I sold my E header to offset the cost of getting a Powerbomb, and with no other changes the increase in low end torque was well worth the cost...

IMG_1721.jpg

...but then again it's not a full Yosh system either! :D

You'll be putting out a lot of money on your engine, so you could just run your present exhaust on the 470, and defer the descision until after you see how your engine runs with what you have.:)

Take Care,

Greg

If your going for max power you might gain 3 horse or so later down the road with the full TI but if your going semi all out that sounds like a good pipe setup to me. I use mine offroad mainly and I'm happy with the power I have. If your looking for the 57HP I think you might need a new pipe not too sure tho but I know my full RS3 is like 1.5-2HP shy of the TI

Thanks guys, not after max power as at the moment I was after more torque and still have reliability.

90% road and 10%, use the be the other way round!...

I'll stick to what I have, if I feel the need, I'll probably go power bomb header.

Good to know I'm not alone in thinking the slip-on argument was more to do with non E models..

Just happened to click on one of the TT sponsored links at the bottom of the page, and saw that FastPartsOutlet.com has FMF Powerbombs for only $179.95 and free shipping... and that's a pretty good deal.:)

Take Care,

Greg

I didn't go max out on mine but it's offroad mainly, road use just for fun once and awhile and it's nicer to conect the trails with a plated bike. I just didn't do the head work and cheaped out with hotcams but for road use I would do the head and 187's

Just happened to click on one of the TT sponsored links at the bottom of the page, and saw that FastPartsOutlet.com has FMF Powerbombs for only $179.95 and free shipping... and that's a pretty good deal.:)

Take Care,

Greg

Check further, +50 for Drz :D and I don;t think that would cover sending to Australia !!!