Throttle Slide doesn't fully open

I just noticed this while fiddling with my carb, the slide doesn't fully clear the intake. There is almost 5 mm left when it stops.

I thought it was a throttle stop screw getting in the way but no, I've traced it to the needle screw hitting on the top cover. It even leaves a dent in the cover.

Isn't this all wrong?!

I checked it out and everything looks fine but I think the screw itself is not the right part. It looks nothing like what I saw in the service manual. Mine is a big 10mm hex head, in the manual it looks more like a receding hex that sits flat with the assembly.

It would make sense as the head of the screw is about the size of what sticks out from the slide.

It is called a throttle/performance limiter. My manual(2001 EXC) clearly lists it.

The SX models did NOT come with it, but the EXC and maybe the MXCs came with it.

When you compare both models, there is a 5-10mm height difference. There are some video floating around that show how to remove the screw. Part of the "FREE" mods built into the our wonderful KTMs.

?

The original part for this is pretty expensive, OEM comes with the spring and seat for about 45$. I'll try to tinker it to cut off the head an slice a nudge for a flat head screw driver.

can't believe I've gone so long with this handicap lol

hehe found the vid to explain everything

Now I understand, it's actualy the real throttle stop I have but it's already been cut for most of its length. I'll go on and cut the rest of it unless my dealer can give me the right screw.

I gotta say though, the standard stop screw is damn big! with it the throttle probly can't open more than 1/4 ... this is totaly ridiculous unless it's intended for break-in period.

What model & year? None of the US models have that, Euro EXC's do in fact I have seen pics of ones about 3 times as tall, needed to import to some countries. If you bike is a few years old it probubly was a Euro model, as of a couple years ago KTM USA has provided the bikes for Canada so I don't think current Canada product has that.

Be carfull with that spring & cup on the bottom! We do not want it bent!